My Books!

Sunday, September 20, 2009

I Want Your Vote


Have you read any romances in the last few years? If so, some of them probably shocked you. Even mainstream romance is explicit, but some of the erotic romances would curl your hair. Maybe in a good way, maybe bad. It just depends on your point of view.

I think the way you view romance novels depends a great deal on how you define the word romance. To me, romance is more that just a steamy sexual encounter. Romance is that breathless, heart pounding, thrilling, pulse racing sensation that you get when you first fall in love. It’s as much about emotion as it is physical love. It’s the feeling that a whole new world is opening to you, and you can’t wait to explore it.

I’m not the only one who’d define romance this way. Several authors who write sweet romance recently banded together for support on a Yahoo group called Classic Romance Revival. I’m a member of this group, and I do love it. It’s nice to be able to communicate with authors who share your point of view.

Besides the Yahoo group, ..CRR.. also has a website located at http://www.classicromancerevival.com. The website just launched so the group is doing all kinds of promotions to spark reader interest. One thing they’re doing is a contest for authors. Each week the authors will post excerpts which the readers will read. Afterward, they’ll vote on the one they like best. First prize for winning the contest is a publishing contract with a small publisher called Desert Breeze Publishing.

Okay, I entered the contest. My entry is called Rest Thy Head, and I’d appreciate it if you’d read my excerpt. If you like it, I’d appreciate your vote. The address is http://classicromancerevival.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&id=37&Itemid=193

If you’re interested in being a part of the CRR Yahoo group you can join at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/classicromancerevivalauthors/?yguid=285825457

Thanks, and don’t forget to read a good romance.

3 comments: