My Books!

Friday, November 27, 2009

And Last But Not Least...



Welcome to the final week of my Wings month. Yes, I know it lasted for six weeks, but who's counting? Remember to leave a comment for one of the authors so that your name will be entered in a drawing for a free book. Check back next week to see if you're the lucky winner. Today let's welcome the fabulous Barbara Edwards. Barbara, thanks for coming.

Thank you, Elaine for asking me to be your guest.

1. Tell us a little bit about you so we can get acquainted. What three words do you think best describe you as a human being?
Only three? I’m caring, neat and loving.
Also I’m a native New Englander and graduated from the University of Hartford with a Master’s degree in Public Administration. I’m fascinated by the past so naturally turned to writing historical romance. My dark stories evolve from nightmares. The romance comes from my belief in people’s basic goodness and longing for love.
I’m a past president of the Central Florida Romance Writers and a member of Romance Writers of America. I founded the Charter Oak Romance Writers, a Chapter of Romance Writers of America, along with several close friends.
I’m married to a retired Police Sergeant.
Most of my exercise is when my Belgian Shepherd demands a walk.

2. When did you know that you wanted to be an author? How did it come about?
I have always wanted to write. I think my biggest inspiration was my father. He would read to us every night from the classics. Only one chapter no matter how much we begged. I still remember Robinson Caruso, Tarzan, Tom Sawyer, and Huckleberry Finn with pleasure.

3. How long did it take you to get published?
Not long after I became serious about my work, but ten years in the real world.

4. How would you define your writing?
Dark and complicated. I can’t write ‘short’ or with a single plot line.

5. Are there any authors who’ve influenced you in your work?
Jayne Anne Krentz and Nora Roberts are my heroes. I want to grow up to be just like them.

6. What are your future goals for your writing?
I think I’ve found my niche. Although I love writing historical romance, I’ve found paranormals are close to my heart. I have several more planned and started to follow Ancient Awakening.

7. Besides your writing, what things are you passionate about?
I have two antique roses and am looking to collect more to put in my cottage garden of perennials. My husband and I also do Civil War reenacting and are looking forward to the 150th anniversary cycle.

8. Tell us what you’re working on now.
A sequel to Another Love and the second book in my Rhodes end series, tentatively titled Ancient Blood. It picks up where Ancient Awakening ends and continues with a new love story involving a werewolf.

9. What’s the name of your Wings release?
I currently have three books with WingsEpress.
Another Love is a historical romance set in New England in 1892.

Another Love
Some promises are made to be broken.
Caught in a web of political intrigue, graft and threats to a beloved child, Meg Warren and Drew Larkin hunt the men threatening the downfall of President Cleveland and the economic fabric of America. From a poor farm to the ostentatious world of New York’s elite, they sift lies, discover trust and an attraction they cannot resist. The last thing they expect to find is a love worth more than gold.
"Quote." – Pat Potter, award winning author calls Another Love…“A real page turner with wonderful characters and a unique plot. You can’t miss with this one.”
Review from Romantic Times Magazine **** 1/2 (four and one-half stars)

Excerpt:
Meg quivered like a trapped bird in his arms. Her slender bones were as fragile and delicate as the lace edging her collar. Alarm widened her eyes.

"How can you prove your innocence? I can think of a way.”

His mouth locked over hers, smothering her protest. His tongue probed the seam between her lips and she moved head back. He instantly slipped his hand to the back of her head to hold her still. His tongue coaxed.

Her thick hair loosened from its knot. The heavy length cascaded over her shoulders and down her back. Drew groaned when the silken tresses brushed his hands. His fingers twined in the softly scented curls. He tugged gently. Upon her gasp, his tongue surged between her lips.

Her hands stilled, then she caught his lower lip with her teeth and bit down, hard. She whirled away to face him from the other side of the small room. If he thought she looked regal before, now she looked magnificent. A Greek goddess, breasts uplifted with pride and rage, her hair flowing like dark water over her slim shoulders.

She pointed an accusing finger at him and he fully expected a bolt of lightening to char him to a cinder. "I will not prove anything by going to bed with you," she cried.


Annie’s Heart is a historical romance set in Kansas, 1872
Blurb: Only two coins and a gold pendant heart separate widowed Annie Moss from disaster. The fields need to be plowed, the barn repaired and food stored for the winter, but she is alone and afraid. Her dream of a home for her children hangs from the promise of a wandering man to keep moving on, a man she has no reason to trust.
Trace Randolph has lost everything except his honor, so when a desperate Annie saves his life he knows he must pay his debt, even if it means marrying her. The only promise he makes is to leave before the winter snows. A promise he finds impossible to keep.
"... Barbara Edwards creates a romance that proves life is about surviving disaster. Growing back stronger, and most of all, the courage to love." **** (four stars), Gerry Benninger, Romantic Times Magazine
Available at http://www.wings-press/Bookstore/Annie’s%Heart.html
Rachel’s Rescue is a romantic suspense
http://www.wings-press/Bookstore/Rachel’s%20Rescue.html
Blurb: Rachel Winslow lost everything in the Sudan desert. She defies everyone to return and find the truth, betting her survival on a dream.
Jake Spenser’s years as an agent are over, but he teaches desert survival to others. He’s vowed never to return to Ankria, but when his nephew is missing, he must use Rachel to find him.
Through danger and betrayal, Jake and Rachel find a dream can come true.

10. Would you share all of your links with us so we can keep up with you?
My website is www.barbaraedwards.net
I have other excerpts and buy links for all my books as well.


Thanks for sharing with us, Barbara. I love reenactments myself, but roses are beyond me. Good luck with your writing.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, loved the interview, and I to can remember reading the classics, though I read them my self but that did not take anything away from the experience. I can remember being carried away by those stories and loving it. Happy Holidays to you and those you love. Keep writing and good luck.

    ReplyDelete