My Books!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Look What's Cooking


Since Easter is coming up I thought I'd share a dessert recipe with you. It's good, and it's also easy to take to Grandma's house when you get together. My family always has an Easter picnic so I'm considering this cake. It's good with strawberries and whipped cream on it! Enjoy.

The picture was taken in 2003 when my granddaughter and I were making the cake to take with us on vacation. The picture was taken before I got my new Kitchen Aid mixer. The one you see in the picture belonged to my father who could rival any baker you ever saw.

Pound Cake

1 ½ cups Crisco or butter
3 cups sugar
6 large eggs
3 ¾ cups all purpose flour
¾ cup self rising flour
1 ½ cup milk
2 Tbsp. vanilla

Cream Crisco and sugar 10 minutes. Add eggs, then flavoring, milk, and flour. Grease and flour tube pan. Bake at 325 for 1 ½ hours.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious! I bet butter flavor Crisco would be great!

    ReplyDelete