My Books!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Beach Party Day 3



Today's the last day of the beach party. Tomorrow I'll announce the contest winners. I'd like to thank everyone who dropped by to help me celebrate. I appreciate all of your support.

To read the excerpts in order go back to the first beach party post and work your way through them. You must leave a comment to be entered in the contest for the prizes.

The pictures show two of my grandchildren at our real world beach party and one of the contest prizes. This excerpt begins where the last one left off.

“Psst, Elizabeth! Aren’t you listening to me?” Cathy sounded cross.

“Sorry,” Elizabeth apologized. “What did you say?”

Cathy shrugged. “It wasn’t important. What were you thinking so hard about?”

I…ah…I was..thinking about someone I used to know.”

“Who?” Kathy asked.

Elizabeth sighed. “An old boyfriend if you really want to know. I let him go, but it almost killed me. I…don’t know if I…ever really got over it.”

“Oh, I guess everyone remembers the one who got away,” Cathy lightly answered. “You’ve got Alex now, and you guys are happy, right?”

“Yes, very happy.” And they were, but come hell or high water she intended to talk to Richard the minute this scene ended. She’d like to know what he’d done with his life. Hmm. Wonder if Senator Lovinggood still tried to control him? He didn’t look like a man who’d take kindly to his father interfering in his business.

She squared her shoulders, a look of determination on her face. After ten years she deserved a sense of closure, and she intended to get it. Then maybe she could finally close the door on the past and Richard Lovinggood.

10 comments:

  1. Hey Elaine,
    Congratulations on your release and your very fun Beach Party. Your excerpts show a pair who still longs for each other and makes us root for them, depsite the years that have passed. Wishing you all the best with Return Engagement!
    Maggie, your SRN pal
    http://mudpiesandmagnolias.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Maggie. I appreciate your good wishes so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Elaine. I wish you the best of luck with this one and hope it exceeds your expectations. Sorry I missed the party, haven't been feeling great so I have missed a lot of things. But here I am catching up. You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elaine,
    Congrats on your release. The excerpts sound great, can't wait to read. Here is to great success! Sorry I didn't stop by earlier, but my mystery, The Running Path, was released July 1st too! Keeping busy promoting. By the way, your cover looks great!
    Lisa M. Miller
    http://www.lisammiller.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elaine,
    Thanks for hosting the beach party and for the great excerpts. Congrats again on the release of "Return Engagement."

    janie1215 AT excite DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great party Elaine!
    I had a blast reading all the excerpts! I wish you lots of luck in all your books. You definitely know how to bring a reader into the story.

    ~Afshan
    Afshan522@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you all the best with your new book. You've certainly got me hooked.

    seriousreader at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for your kind words, and thank you for coming to help me celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your beach party with us.I enjoyed it The excerpts was great.the book sounds wonderful a real love match.peg360@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. closure is a great thing so one can go on with life.

    love the visor hat for giveaway.

    yourstrulee(at)sasktel(dot)net

    ReplyDelete