My Books!

Friday, December 31, 2010

Elizabeth Lane's Rules For Lovers


Elizabeth: Hello, Nikki, today is our last day hosting Elaine's blog.

Nikki: Oh, I know, and I'm going to miss coming here.

Elizabeth: You can still come by and visit.

Nikki: Yeah, I know.

Elizabeth: Let's leave the readers with a list of the ten most important rules to follow to have a great relationship with your sweetie.

Nikki: More lists! Is that all you ever do? Still, I like the sound of this one. Let me go first.

Elizabeth: Okay, what do you think is the number one rule?

Nikki: Easy. Laugh together. Tommy and I laugh all the time.

Elizabeth: (giggling) That's because you're so funny. My number one rule is don't be afraid to forgive.

Nikki: That's a good one. How about this? Be kind to each other.

Elizabeth: Oh, I love that one. And you should say I love you every day.

Nikki: Tommy does that too. Say, did you know I got a new cover for The Best Selling Toy Of The Season? The publisher Midnight Showcase closed its doors, so the book will now be published by Melange Books.

Elizabeth: No, I didn't know about your book. Where can people go to find it?

Nikki: www.melange-books.com. The grand opening is tomorrow.

Elizabeth: Okay, let's finish our list of rules. How about treat each other's relatives with courtesy?

Nikki: (snickers) Yeah, with your in-laws that's a good one. They're all awfully high strung. I think it's important to encourage each other.

Elizabeth: Sure is! Also,show respect to each other.

Nikki: Good one! And really listen to what the other person is saying.

Elizabeth: You should accept each other's differences too.

Nikki: You said a mouthful there! Tommy and I are as different as night from day. I don't know how in the world he ever brought himself to go out with me in the first place. Do you remember what happened on our first date? Michael...

Elizabeth: Nikki, we did an excerpt with that in it.

Nikki: Oh, yeah. Are we to the last rule yet? I think it doesn't hurt to say a little prayer for each other.

Elizabeth: I think you're right. Okay, readers, there you have it. Nikki and Elizabeth's ten most important rules for lovers. We've enjoyed spending the month of December with you. Elaine will be back next week, and I know she'll have something good lined up.

Nikki: Don't forget about our books. Mine is with Melange now, and you can get Return Engagement at http://www.whiskeycreekpress.com

Elizabeth: Bye now. I hope everyone has a wonderful and prosperous 2011.

Nikki: And that goes double for me.

2 comments: