My Books!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Welcome Cassandre Dayne


My guest today is Cassandre Dayne. Cassandre, welcome to my blog. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your work?

I am a publisher author writing under Cassandre Dayne in the erotic romance genre. I have two short stories (14,888 and 20,678 words) out from Rebel Ink Press and have six more novellas/novels under contract for 2011 releases. I also write under Bethany – a vampire series called In the Shadow of Darkness – with four long books complete. I also write under Dakotah Black – a campy murder/mystery series set in community associations called Pinked. I live in Central Virginia with my husband and two gorgeous pups – Goldie Hawn and Macgyver and we own two companies – general contracting and association management. When not writing, I enjoy reading and cooking.

You write in many different genres. Is one easier than the other to manage?

No, I don’t honestly think one is easier to manage although because my vampire series is based around an American Indian vampire hero and brings in elements of the devil and the knights of the roundtable, I have had to do significant research. The erotic seems to flow easily. With the ones involving community associations – oh I have truly real stories that are funny and utterly ridiculous so it gives me plenty of fodder to write about!

What do you think makes a book a page turner? A story line that has not been done before, a conflict that is something we all have experienced and can relate to and characters that give you pause – what’s hiding behind those baby blues?

How many WIP do you have going?

Oh my – I have about 15 novels, 8 novellas and at least 10 stories that have been completed and need editing. I seem to have so many stories that bubble to the surface that I must write them. I keep a notebook at all times and it’s filled with ideas. I will type the ideas into a long synopsis and try to work on a new story/novel as well as editing at least two at the same time. The schedule keeps me energized.

What other authors if any have influenced your writing?

I love so many genres and read everything from Carl Haissen to Dean Koontz and all things sensual and erotic as well to learn my craft. An enchanting story teller gives me the tingles, sending my imagination soaring and then I have to read everything he or she writes.

6.Would you share your links with us?

www.bethanyhalle.com and www.cassandredayne.com. You can also find me at www.manicreaders.com/cassandredayne Dakotah Black’s site in the beginning stages. Anyone can also email me at either behalle@comcast.net or cassandre@cassandredayne.com

7.We’d love to read an excerpt. Don’t forget to give us a buy link.

You can check my links for excerpts. Here are a couple of them. You can also buy them at www.coffeetimeromance www.bookstrand.com and Barnes & Noble.

http://www.allromanceebooks.com/storeSearch.html?searchBy=author&qString=Cassandre+Dayne
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_15?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=cassandre+dayne&sprefix=cassandre+dayne

Thank you so much for the interview! I really enjoyed it.

So did I. Come back and see us soon.

2 comments: