My Books!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

My sentences today are from an earlier work of mine titled The Welcome Inn.  In this book my heroine Julianna wanted to buy the motel that she managed, but the bank refused her offer and sold the Welcome Inn to Buck Abercrombie.  From the moment she meets Buck, Julianna can't stand him.  He's loud, rude, and chauvinistic, and his criminal brother Travis works for him.  Still, there's something about him...  The Welcome Inn is available at http://www.amazon.com/The-Welcome-Inn-ebook/dp/B003AKZBQ0/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1308450817&sr=1-7  This is the link for the kindle edition, but you can buy the book in paperback as well.

In this excerpt, Julianna has stayed overnight with Buck because someone broke into her apartment and trashed it.

Her voice trailed off as Buck stood up, and she made no protest when brawny, sunburned arms enclosed her and held her tight. He nuzzled his face against her neck, and Julianna quivered in his arms.

"You smell sexy," Buck growled. "I couldn’t sleep last night because I swear I could smell you in the other bed."

He buried one big hand in her tousled curls, and his lips, heavy and warm, pressed themselves against hers.

With a strangled moan, Julianna threw her arms around him and eagerly returned his kiss.

10 comments:

  1. Elaine, your Six Sentence Sunday is a great idea! I may have to steal it :-)

    I also want to let you know I've awarded your blog the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award. Please stop by my blog tomorrow and pick it up. http://pennylockwoodehrenkranz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Groan! I love this. The sense of smell is sooooo sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could she resist, really! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice way to start out a half-ownership of the inn ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did she get to there?? Nice sentences :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. For someone who doesn't like Buck she sure has a funny way of showing it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't know you wrote sizzlers, too, Elaine. This is a hot six. Now I'll need to buy the book! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your post. It sounds like Juliana overcame her dislike of Buck! Wonder where that will lead?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to everyone for stopping by. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with Buck and Julianna.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, if that's the reaction he gets when she doesn't like him... :) Great Six!

    ReplyDelete