My Books!

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday

Welcome.  Today I'm sharing a bit of my current WIP. In this excerpt my heroine is taking a horseback ride.  Critique if you like.



The horse was taller than she thought. As she floundered and scrambled against the animal’s side, Cade gave her arm a jerk and set her in place behind him. The minute the horse felt her weight it farted, a long, drawn-out expulsion of air that seemed to go on forever.
Cade laughed as if it was the most hysterical thing he’d ever heard. He turned around to say something, took a look at her face, and shut up.  Since she’d had to put her arms around him, she still felt him shaking with laughter. 

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Cute

Sherry Gloag said...

rofl! What else can I say :-)?

Kate Warren said...

LOL! Great six, Elaine!

Stephanie Ingram said...

That's funny! It certainly puts an image in my mind. I'm intrigued to know more about the story.

Maryellen said...

so much fun!! Great 6 :)

Jessica K said...

Wonderful humor! Their reactions will tell us so much about the characters.