My Books!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Beyond the Book: Way Down South

Hello and welcome to today's edition of Beyond the Book.  My name is Liesel Wolf.  I'm Elaine's heroine in Never Trust a Pretty Wolf.  Not long ago my husband Andy and I went to Charleston, SC on business.  Charleston is a beautiful town.  If you've never visited there you should put it on your list of places to see.  Charleston is a wonderful blend of the modern and the old, and there's so much to see and do that I don't think you'll ever have time to do it all.

Andy and I live in a mid century modern home, so while we were in Charleston we decided to find a few antique stores to see if we could find anything for our house.  We ended up at Page's Thieves Market in Mt. Pleasant, SC.  Mt. Pleasant and Charleston are back to back with each other.  You wouldn't believe what fun we had!  We meandered our way through their old building exclaiming over each and every thing we saw.  One of the items that intrigued me most was a real wood stove.  Before electricity people cooked on wood stoves, and this one was beautiful.  We saw a few mid century pieces, but not anything we could use. 

They had one room filled with china, jewelry, and knick knacks.  This was where I found the rabbit.  I paid the princely sum of a quarter for him.  He isn't valuable, obviously, but I love the shape which fits so nicely in my hand.  He'll be a great souvenir for me.  Every time I look at him I'll be reminded of my and Andy's trip. 

Here's a picture of the market and my blue rabbit.  If you're down Charleston way, don't forget to stop by Page's Thieves Attic. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment