My Books!

Friday, November 2, 2012

Sweet Saturday Sample: His Territory!

Take two strong, forceful personalities each of which likes its own way and you have a recipe for the most interesting kind of fireworks.  Here's an excerpt from The Welcome Inn.

 
A short silence fell across the table. "I saw your boyfriend this morning," Buck suddenly informed her.

"You mean Harry?"

"Yeah."

"He just got back from a trip to Scotland. His mother lives there."

"Would I be poaching on his territory if I asked you to go to a movie with me?"

"His territory?" Julianna gasped. "Harry doesn’t own me, and I’m not a piece of real estate to be bought and sold. Only a total Neanderthal would phrase an invitation that way."

"I’m sorry. I just meant that..."

"I know what you meant," Julianna cuttingly replied, her eyes beginning to snap.

"You have a bad temper."

"I most certainly do not! Any woman would feel angry at being considered some man’s territory."

"A man does feel possessive about his woman. You women may not like it, but it’s just nature."
"I hate it when a man talks about ‘his woman.’"


The Welcome Inn is available at http://www.wings-press.com and at most other retail outlets.
 

6 comments:

  1. Fiesty aren't they? I can see sparks are going to fly in this story :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, as Sherry said, VERY feisty. It's going to be a challenge for him to warm her ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great conflict between them...obviously the chemistry is sizzling too.

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's right, Juliana. Tell it like it is! I like both of these characters, and I can see why there's conflict between them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her attitude! She's definitely feisty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much to everyone for reading my sample. I appreciate it so much.

    ReplyDelete