My Books!

Friday, November 16, 2012

Sweet Saturday Sample: I'd Like to Slap Her Silly

Welcome to Sweet Saturday Sample.  My sample today is from a manuscript called The Captain and the Cheerleader.  In this excerpt, my heroine Susan is shopping when she runs into her sister-in-law, Sheila, who's a teenage brat.


“Shopping for your baby?” a familiar voice acidly inquired.

Susan turned around and held out the little robe for Sheila to see.  “Isn’t it precious?  I thought I might buy it because either a girl or boy could use it.”

Sheila rolled her eyes.  “Oh, it’s precious all right.  You’re pretty smart, aren’t you?”

“What are you talking about?”

“You trapped Kurt into marrying you, and now you’re buying cute little things to remind him of his obligation to you.  What’s wrong?  Is he getting restless?”

The picture is from Wikimedia Commons.


4 comments:

  1. Great snippet...you've captured the snarky teen really well! Thanks for visiting my sample.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rats. Too short. I want to know her reply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the visciousness of the sister-in-law.
    Jeff says it so well!! Rats....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheila definitely doesn't seem like a likeable character.

    ReplyDelete