My Books!

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Weekend Writing Warriors: The Enchanted

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors. I appreciate all of the comments and encouragement you've given me as I posted from one of my WIP's. Today I'm switching to another book, The Enchanted. The Enchanted came out on May 14. If you're interested in reading the entire first chapter, scroll down to Tuesday's online release party.  The Amazon link for the book is http://www.amazon.com/The-Enchanted-ebook/dp/B00CRUD242/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368987311&sr=8-1&keywords=the+enchanted+by+elaine+cantrell  Here's a blurb, them some sentences.  You can find more lovely sentences at http://www.wewriwa.com

Blurb:  Forced by his father into a marriage he didn’t want, Prince Alan soon finds that his bride isn’t the sweet, submissive creature he expected. Morgane has the heart of a dragon and beauty beyond compare, but she isn’t thrilled about the marriage either. When black treachery threatens the kingdom, Morgane and Alan embark on a perilous journey that has an excellent chance of ending in failure and death for them and all of their people.

Sentences:


King Bowdyn sprang from his throne and paced around the

room like a crazed tiger. ╩║Perhaps you did not understand me,

Alan," he snarled. His hands clenched into fists held rigidly to his

sides. "This is not a request, but a command. You will marry Lady

Maybina before the next full moon has passed."
 

Alan dared not raise his eyes from the floor. ╩║Father, I do

not…"

"Silence!" the king roared.

28 comments:

India Masters said...

Oh man,we just jumped in with both feet. I love that. Great 8.

Cara Bristol said...

Nice show of emotion. Enjoyed your snippet.

Susan Stuckey said...

Excellent. Great dialogue and emotion portrayed. Feel sorry for the son. Good job.

Virginia Kelly said...

Your few lines pack a great visual and emotional punch. Great!

Kate Warren said...

Very nice! If I were Alan, I wouldn't try to argue the point just now. King Bowdyn is not in a mood for conversation.

Love it!

Ute Carbone said...

Poor Alan. The king seems a bit of a tyrant. Well done!

sue said...

Alan? lol sorry I have bad connotations with that name. And anyway he's the king, so his rules, right? No?

Summer Ross said...

Wow- that king is angry! Love the physical you gave us to show it.
~Summer

Jennifer Gravely said...

This is such a great story, with rich world building and complex characters! Loving it! :)

Violet Bedford said...

I enjoyed your snippet.

If you don't mind a helpful hint...you said you book just came out so I wanted to click over to Amazon to check it out...but couldn't find a link. It's possible that I missed the link, but if not, maybe you'd like to include one?

charmainegordon author said...

WOW! Exciting and I felt it all the way here in NY.

Veronica Scott said...

Oh dear, why are Kings always so lacking in understanding about true love LOL! An excellent beginning, terrific snippet.

Penny Alley said...

That's a lot of emotion and tension in just eight sentences! Well done.

S. J. Maylee said...

Hello conflict. I'm looking forward to reading more from this one.

Joanne Stewart said...

Oh, I could feel the room shudder with that last sentence. Excellent descriptions!

Sarah W said...

Sounds like someone's gettin' hitched . . . :D

Frank Fisher said...

Well I feel for him, but I don't think he has much choice. You can't argue with that last line.

Lauren said...

Oooh! Love the blurb and it just got me all geared up for the following sentences. I can't wait to read this! Sounds like an amazing story!

Ann Swann said...

Excellent conflict. Sounds like a great book!

gemma parkes said...

Uh oh, better do as you're told Alan or run away!

Debbie Doglady said...

Gripping! Don't annoy the King. I too feel sorry for the son. Great excerpt.

Siobhan Muir said...

Whoa, talk about being stuck. Great snippet, Elaine. :)

Jenna said...

Why is the king so set on this marriage? I do feel bad for Alan. Emotional snippet.

karen Y. bynum said...

Ooo, forced marriage! Definitely felt the tension here. Great 8! :D

Evelyn Jules said...

I love the premise here, Elaine! Very exciting snippet too! Looking forward to more! :)

The Belle in Blue said...

This rings so true for royal families! Great snippet.

~Joyce Scarbrough

J.M. Blackman said...

I can't imagine being in such a situation. You convey the scene really well.

Teresa Cypher said...

An arranged royal marriage. Perfect vehicle to launch his angst from. :-) Nice 8!