My Books!

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Beyond the Book


Welcome to Beyond the Book, Elaine's way of keeping you in touch with the characters you've known and loved. My name is Kathryn Sinclair, and I'm Elaine's heroine in Blue 52. I've always loved to cook, and recently I found a recipe for lemon pound that that Hank and I love. It's so easy  I thought I'd share it with you. If you make it, let me know how it turned out.  I found the recipe at http://bakingbites.com/2010/04/lemon-buttermilk-pound-cake/

Lemon Buttermilk Pound Cake
3 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
2 tbsp lemon zest
3 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.

In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in lemon zest, then beat in the eggs one at a time until well-combined.

In a measuring cup or small bowl, combine vanilla, buttermilk and vegetable oil. Working in two or three additions, alternately add the flour mixture and the buttermilk mixture to the butter mixture, ending with a final addition of dry ingredients. Stir only until no streaks of flour remain. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool on a wire rack before topping with lemon glaze (recipe below)
Serves 16
Lemon Glaze
2 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Book Blurb:
"First Lady Kills President Lovinggood"
December 29, 2018


Thirty years later Hank Lovinggood embarks on a quest to prove his mother's innocence and punish the killers who took his family from him.  Together Hank and lovely physicist Kathryn Sinclair confront an implacable, twisted, merciless enemy who'll do whatever it takes to hide the truth forever. 
 Buy Link:
http://www.amazon.com/Blue-52-Elaine-Cantrell-ebook/dp/B00H1MHC24/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402930757&sr=8-1&keywords=blue+52

1 comment:

  1. I love lemon but my husband detest it. Receipt sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete