My Books!

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Saturday Sample

Today's excerpt comes from the novel I'm currently editing. I've titled it The Captain and the Cheerleader. In this excerpt, my hero's friend is criticizing my heroine for making a bet that she could make my hero Kurt ask her out. What do you think of it? This part is unedited so let me know if you see anything.

Jason sneered at Susan the way she imagined he’d look at a student he’d caught cheating in his class. “You’re a piece of work, you know that? What kind of woman sleeps with a guy on their first date?”
Susan grabbed for his arm as he strode toward the door. “Wait. You don’t understand…”

“Oh, I understand, all right." He jerked away as if her touch had soiled him. "Did you get more than you bargained for when you made the bet, or did you intend to get your hooks into him from the start?”

photo: By D. Sharon Pruitt (Flickr: Sad Summer Girl Portrait) [CC-BY-2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

2 comments: