My Books!

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors


Welcome to Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors, your chance to sample the work of a talented group of authors. When you finish here, you can find more excerpts at:

http://www.wewriwa.com
http://www.facebook.com/snippetsunday

I've been sharing excerpts from Return Engagement for the past few weeks. To recap, my hero and heroine have met on a beach ten years after his father broke them up. They find that the old feelings for each other are still there in spite of the fact that she's engaged to another man. He won a stuffed animal for her at a beachfront carnival, last week he kissed her. This excerpt is where I left off last week. I've done a bit of creative punctuation in this excerpt.

He gently stroked her cheek with his fingertips and sent little tingles up and down her spine. “That kiss thrilled me from head to toe; I...I don’t ever want to let you go.”

Elizabeth looked around at the crowds of people everywhere and blushed herself. “It’s one thing to kiss an actor in front of a camera, but I don’t like to be too affectionate in public; no more kissing right now, please.”

“Can I kiss you later when we’re alone?”

Elizabeth came down to earth with a thud when she thought of Alex. “No, we shouldn’t have kissed at all. It’s my fault, and I apologize.” 


Richard laughed as if she’d said something hysterical. “You don’t have to apologize for that; you won’t hear any complaints out of me.” 

Return Engagement is available at Amazon and at http://www.whiskeycreekpress.com

14 comments:

  1. A man who rhymes ... LOL ... another lovely snippet, Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kisses "right now". You can tell what's on the woman's mind, even though she then backtracks and tells him no kisses at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you've really set up this story for great conflict--emotional and moral. Good 8, Elaine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And reality set back in. I think he'll have to work a little harder to get the girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, drat---I was hoping she wouldn't remember, yet, the reasons why she can't. :)

    Can't wait until she works out that she absolutely should!

    ReplyDelete
  6. On the horns of a dilemma here. She's in deep while he kisses and waits. Well done, Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now she remembers why they shouldn't kiss. lol Can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She finally remembered her fiance! That was some great backtracking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Give UP on Alex already, I say to the heroine here! Clearly your heart is not with him. Enjoyed the excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. But I want more kissing. Sigh. I know why no more kissing, but I don't like it.
    Great snippet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's remembered her fiancé a little too late! I'm guessing she'll forget him again and continue pursuing this forbidden relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  12. *Sigh* Well, that great moment was ruined. I love how lighthearted he took that, even though he doesn't know she just remembered Alex. Poor girl, now she's going to be so guilty. Can't wait to see how she reacts next, but with this forbidden chemistry between the two, I see some either poor decisions or some heat of the moment ones coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know she had to remember Alex eventually, and it's probably best she did now before she went any further, but... Ah, well. There had to be a reason they stopped seeing each other before this too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice snippet. This kiss feels like it's foreshadowing of another one down the road.

    ReplyDelete