My Books!

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Saturday Sample: The Captain and the Cheerleader



Welcome to Saturday Sample. I'm picking up today where I left off last Saturday. Remember that Susan just sent Kurt a football play that won a tough game for him. Alicia Childs is the woman Kurt has been dating.

Kurt yawned and turned over to look at the clock. Seven thirty. Dang that barking dog next door. He usually didn’t get up until eight thirty or so on Saturday. He squeezed his eyes shut, but he couldn’t go back to sleep because he’d started to think of Susan English.

How did a beautiful English teacher come up with such a simple but effective play? I spend a lot of time creating new plays and devising strategies, but this one strikes me as brilliant. I’ve never done anything to equal it. He chuckled. Hope she doesn’t want my job.

He was in the kitchen making some coffee when the phone rang. A quick glance at the caller ID told him it was Aleisha Childs. “Hi, Aleisha. Did you see the game last night?”

“No, I missed it. I’ve got strep throat so I guess the party’s out too. I’m sorry for the late notice.”

Kurt winced. “Oh, that hurts. Don’t worry about the party. We’ll go to the next one.”

“Thanks. I’ll talk to you later.” 

Blurb:
Susan English can’t stand Robin Lanford! She’s so full of herself she irritates everyone on the faculty of Fairfield High. When Robin bets Susan fifty dollars that she can’t get a date with Kurt Deveraux, the head football coach, Susan jumps at the chance to put the little heifer in her place. She had no idea that teaching Robin a lesson would irrevocably change her life, strain treasured friendships, and throw two families into chaos.

Buy Link: http://amzn.to/1iyLjRB

Eventually, this book will be reduced in price on all sites, but if you'd like to get an early discount, you can buy the book at Smashwords. The publisher is reducing the prices of all ebooks to bring them in line with other publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment