My Books!

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors

Welcome to Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors, your chance to sample the work of a talented group of authors. When you finish here you can find more snippets at:

http://www.wewriwa.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SnippetSunday/

Blurb:
Susan English can’t stand Robin Lanford! She’s so full of herself she irritates everyone on the faculty of Fairfield High. When Robin bets Susan fifty dollars that she can’t get a date with Kurt Deveraux, the head football coach, Susan jumps at the chance to put the little heifer in her place. She had no idea that teaching Robin a lesson would irrevocably change her life, strain treasured friendships, and throw two families into chaos.

We're picking up where we left off last week. Susan just told her friend Melissa that she wished she hadn't made the bet, but if she cancels, Robin will think it's because she can't get him, and Melissa just agreed with her.  Susan speaks first.




“All I have to do is go out with him once, so maybe it won’t be too bad.” Susan kicked at a fallen acorn to relieve her feelings.

“I don’t get it,” Melissa said. “Why does it bother you to go out with him? He’s so sexy my knees get weak when he walks into a room.”

Susan giggled. “I know what you mean. It doesn’t bother me to go out with him, but it does bother me to use him just to put Robin in her place.”

Melissa thought about it. “He’ll never know, so why worry?"

Buy link:http://amzn.to/1iyLjRB

16 comments:

  1. "He'll ne4ver know." Oy! Now those sound like some famous last words...

    Loving this story, Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She certainly has a conscience. And I agree with Teresa... famous last words. Good snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "He'll never know." I guess neither of them has ever read a romance before, huh? ;-) Great snippet as always!

    ~Joyce Scarbrough

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with everyone else - "He'll never know..." is a fatal phrase all right. I foresee a lot of complications and consequences. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Susan a lot more for feeling sorry for what she's promised to do. But I get the feeling she's going to do it anyway, and of course she'll get caught eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh he'll definitely know. I don't think Robin can keep that secret too long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Famous last words. "He'll never know." I'm glad she is attracted to him, but I think she should be honest with him as to why she is going out with him. Great snippet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It will be in the news before she and he knows about their date. and then. . This looks like a lot of fun, Elaine. A scandal, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Indeed...why worry? But yeah, don't these inconvenient truths always get found out? Nice snippet. :)

    ReplyDelete

  10. My first taste of your story, but nice little snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that she feels guilty - because you know he's going to find out and she might really like him. Great snippet, Elaine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. "He'll never know." That sure sounds like famous last words!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you should have titled this post "Famous Last Words" LOL I agree with the others... "He'll never know" is just inviting trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think she cares more than she's saying!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why worry indeed? What could possibly go wrong? Nice snippet...

    ReplyDelete
  16. "He'll never know..." HA! How often does that actually work out in your favor? Just about never. Someone's going to be banging their head off a wall later for this one!

    ReplyDelete