My Books!

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Author Interview Astrid Arditi


Welcome to the blog. Today I"m interviewing Astrid Arditi the debut author of A Cunning Plan. I reviewed the book for Astrid, and I'll share it with you after the interview. Astrid, Thanks so much for coming. 

Thanks for having me, Elaine

1Why did you pick your particular genre to write in ?
I’m a romantic at heart and a sucker for all romantic comedies. But while reading pure chick lit, I often get bored. The love interest alone isn’t always enough to keep me invested in a novel. This is where the suspense comes in. On top of the romantic suspense, there’s also a strong element of comedy in A Cunning Plan. Who doesn’t love to laugh?

2Besides yourself, who is your favorite author in the genre in which you write ?
I’m a die-hard fan of Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum series. She’s the queen of romantic/comedy suspense.  

3If you could spend an afternoon with any famous person living or dead who would it be and why?
Marie Antoinette so I could tour her closet! J I’m also pretty sure she couldn’t be as superficial and stupid as she was described. Would love to know the truth behind the myth. 

4What’s the hardest part of writing for you ?
Finding the time to write ! With two young kids and a husband who loves to move us around, getting a few hours to myself can be somewhat of a challenge. We moved 5 times in the past 4 years!

5What future plans for your writing do you have ?
I’m currently writing the second book in the Sloane Harper series, A Cunning Heist, and hopefully, there are many more in store.

I'm really with you on Marie Antoinette! I'd love to see her clothes. And now for that review.

I really enjoyed this book. Romantic comedy is one of my favorite genres so I was pleased to have the chance to read the book. I think the reason I enjoyed it so much is because of the heroine. I was hooked when she was straightening out her panties in the car (she was in the car because she was stalking her ex-hubands's new girlfriend) and looked up to find a strange man watching her. Ordinarily I don't guess it would make any difference what he saw, but in this case she's going to have a whole lot more interaction with him. 

I also loved the housekeeper who hung out with our heroine when she was stalking the girlfriend. The ex-husband: so not worth the stalking or heartache.

Of course, there are some pretty tense moments in the book too, but I'll let you discover those for yourself. Just be aware that when you read the last couple of lines in the book, you're gonna smile. 

Five out of five stars.

AUTHOR Bio and Links:

Astrid Arditi was born from a French father and Swedish mother. She lived in Paris and Rome before moving to London with her husband and daughter back in 2013. 
After dabbling in journalism, interning at Glamour magazine, and teaching kindergarten, Arditi returned to her first love: writing. 
She now splits her time between raising her kids (a brand new baby boy just joined the family) and making up stories. 
A Cunning Plan is Arditi's first published work.
BUY LINKS

CONTACT INFO
Facebook Astrid Arditi author https://www.facebook.com/Astridarditiauthor


Twitter @astrid_arditi https://twitter.com/astrid_arditi

No comments:

Post a Comment