My Books!

Friday, September 30, 2016

Fashionista Friday


http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/tahari-asl-embellished-jacquard-skirt-suit?ID=2792195&CategoryID=39096&tdp=cm_app~zundefined~xcm_zone~zPDP_ZONE_A~xcm_choiceId~zcidM05RRM-048c6ab7-d86b-4ff2-b33f-bb4411a43a77%40H7%40customers%2Balso%2Bshopped%2439096%242792195~xcm_pos~zPos2

How do you like this suit? I loved it, and I encourage you to read the description of the suit at the above link. This is the suit I described in The Captain and the Cheerleader. It's the one my heroine's mother bought for her to wear on her wedding day. Here's a little excerpt from that part of the book. The first speaker is Susan's mother, and Bill is her father.

She took the plastic wrap off a pretty, winter white suit hanging in the doorway. “Susan hasn’t made any plans at all for the ceremony, so I bought her a suit to wear.”

Bill barely glanced at it. “Yeah, it’s pretty.”


“Susan has nice clothes, but a woman needs something new to wear on her wedding day, especially if she’s marrying a handsome man like Kurt Deveraux.”

“His looks don’t matter,” Bill said, his voice cold as he skewered her with a look.

“No, probably not, but when I looked up his picture in Tyler’s annual, I liked the expression in his eyes.”

Bill’s cup hit the table and sent coffee sloshing everywhere. “I can barely stand to go to the ceremony. It’s killing me to sit back and watch Susan make the biggest mistake of her life.” He glared at her. “Just like you did.”

Marjorie dropped the dishrag she had fetched to wipe up the coffee. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“You made a mistake when you married me. A woman with your looks could get any man she wanted, maybe a doctor or lawyer, something like that. Instead you let me talk you into getting married, and you’ve worked like a dog ever since.”

Marjorie picked up the dishrag and put the plastic bag back over the new suit. “Bill, I’m doing a job I love. Besides, without you and the kids, my life wouldn’t be worth living. Don’t you know how much I love you?”

“Okay,” he growled. “You love me, but that doesn’t change the fact that you married a loser. Just like Susan’s going to.” 

If you're interested in the book you can find a copy at http://amzn.to/1NDgnrg

No comments:

Post a Comment