My Books!

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Beyond the Book: The Captain and the Cheerleader


Today's excerpt is from the book we've been previewing The Captain and the Cheerleader. To summarize, so far we know that Susan bet an irritating fellow teacher that she could make head football coach Kurt Deveraux ask her out. He did, and invited her to a party. In today's excerpt Susan and Kurt have arrived at the party.

Blurb:
Susan English can’t stand Robin Lanford! She’s so full of herself she irritates everyone on the faculty of Fairfield High. When Robin bets Susan fifty dollars that she can’t get a date with Kurt Deveraux, the head football coach, Susan jumps at the chance to put the little heifer in her place. She had no idea that teaching Robin a lesson would irrevocably change her life, strain treasured friendships, and throw two families into chaos.

Excerpt: Susan speaks first to Kurt.

“I don’t like what you said. (to their host)  I’m sure he thought we were lovers.”

Kurt shrugged. “I hope so. If they think you’re my woman, the single guys won’t be hitting on you.” His eyes twinkled. “I want you all to myself tonight with no competition.”

Susan thought for a moment. Naturally, she was flattered that he didn’t want to share her company with anyone else, but he shouldn’t have let Mr. Mendoza believe they were involved with one another. Oh, it probably doesn’t make any difference anyway. I doubt I’ll ever see any of the Mendozas after the party ends. 

Buy Link: http://amznto/1NDgnrg

No comments:

Post a Comment