My Books!

Monday, June 25, 2018

Watch Over Her

Title: Watch Over Her
Author: Olivia Stephen
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: June 21, 2018 Cover Photography/Design: Alexandra Davis of Alexandra Design and Alexander Beeman Cover Model: Lawren Beeman
When her first love abandons her, and a heart-wrenching accident takes her parents too soon, Raina decides it's time for a fresh start. In a brand new town, with walls planted firmly around her heart, Raina has given up on her happily ever after, deciding it's easier to be alone than to risk losing it all. For a second time.
When she meets Zane, the new bartender in the small North Carolina town she now calls home, the foundation of those walls begins to crumble. Broody, irritable, and incredibly sexy, there's something about him she just can't shake.
As they begin to forge a connection together, Zane's tumultuous past catches up with him and threatens to destroy any potential future they may have, leaving Raina to question all the decisions she's made.
Watching over Raina is the hardest promise Zane has ever had to make. Sometimes love doesn't heal all wounds and not all happy endings are meant to be. But perhaps two tortured souls can find the peace they deserve, together.

    I don’t even see him come in the door of the bar. I feel it. I feel that intense gaze and the heat. The dynamics of this place actually change when he’s here. My eyes stay glued to my drink as the warmth in my face grows, causing my cheeks to turn even pinker than the blush I’d applied an hour earlier.
     Sarah figures it out instantly and chuckles to herself. She’s very well aware of the brooding bartender and the way his ocean blue eyes zero in on me when he thinks I’m not looking. She often encourages me to just let loose and “Tap that,” as she puts it.
    My eyes are drawn to that man like a moth to a flame. It’s as though I have no choice but to look, so,  without even consciously thinking about it, I steal a quick glance, and I am once again captivated by the strong man looking directly at me. His eyes connect to mine, speak to mine, somehow making me believe that he can see into my very soul. Worn and frayed jeans that hang low on his hips, and a dark blue Henley that clings to his muscles adorn a well over six-foot-tall body. He is magnificently handsome tonight.
    I see his stern face, and draw in a quick breath, hoping I can recover before he notices. There is interest in his eyes, but just as I catch that, he looks away. I think about the phrase, our eyes meet across a crowded room, and consider how amusingly appropriate it is for this moment.   
Olivia Stephen was born and raised in the mountains of Maryland. She is married to her long-time sweetheart and has two children, both currently enrolled in college. Olivia is a coffee indulging, sweet wine drinking, lover of books for both adults and children. She looks forward to at least one summer trip to the beach every year. Watch Over Her is Olivia's debut novel.
HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment