My Books!

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Beyond the Book: Princess Morgane


Let's interview Princess Morgane, my heroine in The Enchanted. She's a great girl. I know you'll like her.


1.  Tell us a little about yourself. How did you come to your author’s attention? Occupation? 
“I am the Princess Morgane, daughter of King Maccus, wife of Prince Alan who is heir to his father King Bowdyn. The entire kingdom celebrated my marriage to Prince Alan, so I suppose that is how she heard of me. My occupation? I am a princess.”
A tall, blonde warrior enters the chamber where the interview is taking place. He hears the last thing Princess Morgane says. “Do not forget, my princess, that I have seen you washing dishes. Mayhap you would enjoy that occupation.”
The princess laughs, her eyes gleam. “My husband jests, though I did indeed wash the dishes when we fought the terrible evil in King Osric’s realm.”
“Fought and prevailed in large part to you, my dear.”
The princess nods to the interviewer. “As you can see, Madame, my husband is a practiced flirt!”

2.  What or who is the greatest love of your life? Why? What drew you to them?
Princess Morgane reaches for Prince Alan’s hand. “Our love story did not begin the way most do. Our fathers arranged a marriage for the two of us even though we had never met. I did not expect to even like him, but I grew to love him almost immediately. How could I not? He is everything a man should be. He is kind, generous, clever, protective, …”
“Nay, my love. These are qualities that should apply to you. If I possess any virtue at all, it comes out of my love for you.”
The princess blushes and turns back to the interviewer. 

3.  What’s your greatest fear?
Princess Morgane bites her lip. “I fear that one day I might lose the prince. We live in a dangerous world.”
Prince Alan scowls at the interviewer. “Think no more upon it, my princess. I will take very good care of myself.”


4.  What’s your motto in life?
“Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.”
The prince beams at her. “Well said, my princess. After our experiences I do not believe in the word impossible.”

5.  How do the other characters in your book view you? 
Princess Morgane considers the question. “With no false modesty, I can say that I have found favor with my husband and his family. To this day I possess the red banner given to me by King Bowdyn in appreciation of my service to the kingdom.” Her eyes twinkle. “Perhaps I do not look like a warrior, but I am held in high regard by the army.”
Prince Alan laughs. “Indeed. Madame Interviewer, you should hear the warrior Renweard speak of her bravery when she confronted the false princess. Even now he brags of how she killed an enemy to save me. In truth she saved me twice, once in Pygeria, and once when the false princess held sway over the castle.”

6. What do you prefer? To spread & hear gossip, or be the creator of gossip fodder?
“Well, if one must choose, I suppose I would rather be the creator of gossip fodder. It is much more entertaining that way.”

7.  What is it about you that is going to draw us readers in? 
Prince Alan clears his throat. “I will answer that one for you. She has the heart of a dragon and beauty beyond compare, but she is warm, nurturing, and loving toward all whom she meets.”
“Thank you, my prince.”

8.  What was your happiest moment? 
She laughs. “Oh, that is easy. My happiest moment was when Prince Alan broke the evil spell upon Pygeria, thereby giving us the chance for a future together.”

9.  What trait in others do you find most deplorable?
“I abhor greediness which leads to all manner of deceit and unkindness.”

0. The random question: If you were a color, what color would you be and why?
“Yellow. To me, yellow is a joyous, happy color full of hope and sunshine. I have suffered much in my life, but thanks to my adventures with the prince my days are now filled with sunshine.” She stands. “Come. Let me show you the lovely painting the prince did for me. It too is filled with the sunshine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment