My Books!

Saturday, July 6, 2019

Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors: Turnaround Farm


Welcome to Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors, your chance to sample the work of a talented group of authors. When you finish here you can find more excerpts at:

http://www.wewriwa.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SnippetSunday/

Turnaround Farm is a kindle unlimited title available at https://wingsepress.com/turnaround-farm/

Blurb:
If up and coming realtor Holly Grant can buy Turnaround Farm for her client, her business will boom. Who says you have to have a man in your life to complete you? She’s fine as she is thank you very much. Her first problem is that Jeb Wakefield doesn’t want to sell his farm, and her second problem is Jeb’s grandson Dan, the finest looking man Holly’s ever seen. 

Excerpt: Chapter One
Last week

His breath quickened. Holly had enough curves to prove she was a woman, not a boy. Bet her skin felt as soft as a kitten’s fur. He’d always had a thing for blondes.

A mental image of Holly, warm and submissive in his arms, presented itself. The image clarified, and he saw she was naked and ready to love him.

A heat wave swept him from head to toe in spite of the frigid room. I’m a fool. She wants Turnaround Farm, not me, and even if she did want me, it wouldn’t matter. I don’t have a future to offer any woman.


This Week: We're picking up where we left off last week.

He sighed. I refuse to embarrass myself by losing my head and acting like a fool.
He pounded his pillow into shape and forced his tight muscles to relax. Gradually he fell into a light, fitful sleep.

***
Holly awoke with both a raging thirst and a desperate need for a bathroom. The clock on the bedside table said two-thirty as she eased out from under the covers. Oh, I hope Loretta won’t wake up. She’ll be as mad as a hornet if she does.

Like the bedroom, the hallway outside her room had a lot in common with the North Pole. Besides that it was pitch dark.

6 comments:

  1. What a terrific scene. I pictured what was to happen right away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, so now I'm coming up with all kinds of ideas about what might happen next! Intriguing snippet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's hope she goes into the washroom, not his bedroom . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ed's idea was exactly what I envision. lol I hope she makes it to the bathroom first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I read the Saturday Sample post before this. I m still chuckling! WOnderful setup, Elaine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What Ed and Diane said. Looking forward to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete