My Books!

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Beyond the Book: Optimist or Pessimist?

Am I an optimist or a pessimist?

I’d have to say that I’m mostly an optimist. Naturally I have my down moments and hard times, everyone does, but overall for me the glass is usually half full instead of half empty. I suppose that’s because I’ve had a very blessed life beginning with my parents.

They provided a home full of safety, warmth, laughter, and love. We certainly weren’t wealthy, in fact just the opposite, but they always made sure that my sister and I had everything we needed both materially and emotionally. Oh, the memories I have! I miss them all the time, but it seems worse at Christmas than at any other time. My sister and I used to wake up in the middle of the night on Christmas Eve and run into their bedroom to get them up so we could see what gifts we’d received. I doubt they’d been in bed very long so I wonder how they faked their enthusiasm over each and every present from Santa.

I had a lovely time during my school years too. I liked school. I thought it was fun to learn new stuff, and like most kids I did enjoy socializing with my friends. I was never bullied or picked on so this too probably is a reason I’m an optimist. 

My married life has been good too. My husband sometimes acts like a guy, but I’d have to say he’s considerate, loving, and kind. He gave me two wonderful sons that I’m so proud of. One of them does something with computers. He’s tried to tell me what, but I don’t get it. My other son has his own small business. 

I even got to fulfill one of my lifelong dreams and become an author, and not everyone’s dream comes true. 

I’ve faced some hard things as well, but somehow, I always expect that everything will work out for the best in the end so, yeah, I’m an optimist. What about you? Are you an optimist or pessimist? 

No comments:

Post a Comment