My Books!

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Saturday Sample: Never Trust a Pretty Wolf

Welcome to Saturday Sample. Today we'll continue to share excerpts from Never Trust a Pretty Wolf.

Blurb:
Liesel Wolf has a secret, a dangerous secret she’ll go to any lengths to conceal. When she’s paired in a charity game with sexy marshal Andy Bryce, a man with secrets of his own, her carefully constructed world comes crashing down, and Liesel’s on a collision course with her past.



Excerpt: 
Chapter One

Last Week
However, he suspected that the ones he didn’t know were the real players in the room. Most of them had an air of assurance that only came from having a huge bank account and possibly an old family name.

He counted twenty teams of two. As luck would have it, he and Liesel brought up the rear. He’d rather not have introduced himself, but it would look bad to refuse.

When his turn came he stood up and said, “My name is Andy Bryce, and I’m standing in for my brother, Tony, who’s the mayor of Shady Corners. I also live in Shady Corners, and I work for the U.S. Marshals.”

The guests politely applauded, and then Ms. Wolf gracefully rose to her feet, turning every male head in the room. “Hi, I’m Liesel Wolf; I’m Mr. Bryce’s partner.” She smiled and took her seat, saying nothing more.

This week: In Andy's POV

No comments:

Post a Comment