My Books!

Saturday, July 4, 2020

Saturday Sample and Weekend Writing Warriors: Never Trust a Pretty Wolf

Welcome to Saturday Sample and Weekend Writing Warriors. Today we'll continue to share excerpts from Never Trust a Pretty Wolf. On Sunday when you finish here, do go to http://www.wewriwa.blogspot.com for more excerpts from a bunch of great authors.

Blurb:
Liesel Wolf has a secret, a dangerous secret she’ll go to any lengths to conceal. When she’s paired in a charity game with sexy marshal Andy Bryce, a man with secrets of his own, her carefully constructed world comes crashing down, and Liesel’s on a collision course with her past.



Excerpt: 
Chapter One

Last Week



This week: I've skipped a few pages here. Andy and Liesel have found the second set of coordinates and stopped at a motel for the night. This excerpt is in Liesel's POV.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, whats happening here. My best to you always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her reactions surprise me. She's been such a hard case up until now. Are we going to finally see the real person she hides inside? Can't wait . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the way you set up the scene, all the after-storm details. And what an ominous place to leave us! Terrific snippet and I'm getting confused about who she really is BUT inagoodway because I definitely want to keep reading to find out more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a tad confused. Who is William? She's still with Andy, right? Is this a flashback to her past, to the incident that's shaped her? It's very atmospheric and definitely makes me want to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somewhere in those skipped pages, it looks like events have taken a dramatic turn. I feels like she's here against her will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious to know more about her. She seems like a complex character and it will be fun to try and figure her out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, this is getting spooky -- and good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems like further she goes in this goose chase the more spookier it gets. There's something more going on then a simple treasure hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice buildup to a frightening scene!

    ReplyDelete