My Books!

Saturday, September 26, 2020

Saturday Sample and Weekend Writing Warriors



Welcome to Saturday Sample and Weekend Writing Warriors. Today we'll continue to share excerpts from Never Trust a Pretty Wolf. On Sunday when you finish here, do go to http://www.wewriwa.blogspot.com for more excerpts from a bunch of great authors.

Blurb:
Liesel Wolf has a secret, a dangerous secret she’ll go to any lengths to conceal. When she’s paired in a charity game with sexy marshal Andy Bryce, a man with secrets of his own, her carefully constructed world comes crashing down, and Liesel’s on a collision course with her past.



Excerpt: 
Chapter One

Last Week


Just when Liesel thought the GPS had failed them, her stick scraped across something with a metallic sound. “I’ve got it!” she cried. “Melton sure did a good job hiding it. I bet he buried it months ago.”

Andy helped her remove a small, metal box sealed in a plastic freezer bag. “Open it,” Liesel directed “Let’s get our clue so we can hide the thing again and get out of this hot, itchy place.”

“I think we’re the first ones to get here,” Andy said as he reached for the box. “I don’t think anyone has bothered this place for a long time. I guess we just made it easier for everyone else. They’ll see where we’ve dug.”


This week: I've picked up where we left off last week. Just a note here. I've been told that you can't bury things when you geo-cache. I researched how the game was done, but somehow I missed that fact.

8 comments:

  1. If those were diamonds, it'd be game over for me! You've got me curious as to what kind of clue they might be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, why do I get the feeling that this is not the clue at all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, highly intriguing! I can't wait to find out more about this clue...great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very curious as to how this find relates to their hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the most interesting -- and curious -- clue yet. Why, though, would they bother to keep searching after this find?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This story has such delightful twists and turns. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm. Diamonds are the clue, but not the treasure (fake I assume). But how do they point to the next coordinates? This is so intricate! I love scavenger hunts like this! Great scene!

    ReplyDelete