My Books!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Sweet Sacrifices


Welcome to the blog, Gloria. Tell us a little bit about you.

I was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. I married my high school sweetheart two days after graduation (my parents said I had to graduate first). We have three children and one grandson. I work part-time as a legal assistant.

Nothing like those grandchildren. Has being a writer changed you in any way?

Yes, in some ways it has. It takes some confidence in my “talent” to send my work to publishers and allow others to read it. I am my own worst critic and have never been loaded with confidence, but I guess it has helped me gain some.

Which genre appeals least to you? Why?

I don’t really read anything that doesn’t have a romance involved. Of the romance subgenres, I don’t really like western romances much, and I don’t love “chick lit” type romances. I have no idea why.

I don't like chick lit either. What does your family think about having an author in the family?

They seem to like it. They are much better at pitching my books than I am.

What is your favorite book? That you wrote, I mean.

I like them all for different reasons. I really love my first book, Flowers for Megan, so it is probably my favorite, but a lot of readers like the others better. I know I’ve become a better writer, technically speaking, with each one, so I like the last one, Sweet Sacrifices, best for that reason.

Would you share your links with us?

My website is www.gloriamarlow.net The publisher for my first three books is www.authorsinkbooks. And the publisher for my latest release, Sweet Sacrifices is www.thewildrosepress.com.

We’d love to read an excerpt from your December release. Don’t forget to add a buy link.

Sweet Sacrifices is already available in print at www.thewildrosepress.com/sweet-sacrifices-paperback-p-4356.html?zenid=1c16e4835fa76ea1140048dba523e798 . The ebook is scheduled to be released on December 17, 2010.

Here’s an excerpt:

“You’ve got to get it together, Kendall,” Luke said when she opened her bedroom door to his knock later that night. “You can’t freeze up every time someone asks you a question about us.”

“I’m sorry, Luke. I’ve never been any good at lying.”

“Then you’d better get good at it, Sweetheart, because you’re going to be lying for a long, long time.”

She went cold at the realization that she had agreed to a never-ending lie. She hadn’t let herself think about how long the lies would continue. Brady would grow up with Luke as his father, and she would go to her grave with the secret she harbored.
If the truth ever came out, Luke would look like a fool, cuckolded by his twin brother and his own wife. The magnitude of what she’d done hit her hard, and she dropped to the edge of the bed.

“You never even thought of that, did you?” Luke asked. “What did you think, Kendall? That this would be a convenient solution to all your woes? Did you think it was a temporary thing?”

“I didn’t really think about it. I mean, I realized it would be a lie, but I didn’t think about it being forever.”

He knelt in front of her, his eyes boring into hers.

“Don’t think I’ll let you leave, Kendall. You’re my wife. I’ve accepted your child as mine. That means, in the eyes of the law, you’re entitled to a part of everything I own if we divorce. So hear this, Sweetheart. If you ever leave me, if you ever even attempt to divorce me, I’ll make damn sure you won’t leave with our son.”

Oh, I like the sound of this one. Good luck with it, Gloria. Come back and see us soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment