My Books!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

Today's character sketch is from The Welcome Inn.  In this excerpt, Travis Abercrombie is telling his girlfriend why he blackmailed the mayor of Martin's Crossing.  The book is available at  http://www.wingsepress.com/Bookstore/The%20Welcome%20Inn.htm


Travis, who had trained his eyes on the floor during his recital, now lifted his face to Melanie. "I am sorry. I lost the respect and goodwill of every person who mattered to me: I dishonored my family name, and I ruined my life.

 Why did I do it? To show everyone that I wasn’t just Buck’s little brother, I guess."

"What’s wrong with being Buck’s little brother?"

1 comment:

  1. Very intriguing. I just came across your work and now want to learn more. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete