My Books!

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Book Review: Merry Christmas, Henry

Blurb:

Henry, a shy and talented artist, moonlights as a security guard at a museum and loses his heart to a beautiful, melancholy woman in a painting. As his obsession grows, he finds a kindred soul who helps him in his search for happiness. On Christmas Eve, Henry dares to take a chance on love and fulfill his dream.

Book Information:


Publication Date: November 5, 2013
Genre: Contemporary Romance/Fantasy (Holiday)
Word Count: 10,000
Formats Available: ePub, MOBI, PDF


Book Review:

This is my first holiday romance of the season, and it certainly is filled with holiday miracles. It was easy to feel sorry for Henry, the main character, because he had such a ho hum kind of life. He had artistic talent that he refused to develop and spent his time as a guard in an art museum. As time passed, he obsessed over a portrait of a beautiful woman. Finally, at Christmas time, he decided to add his own touches to the painting.

I had an idea where this story might go, but it didn't end the way I thought it would even though Henry does find happiness in a Christmas miracle.

While the story ended well, I wasn't a fan of the ending. I wanted to give Henry a kick and tell him to shape up. The story is well written with some great description, and it's possible that someone else may be kinder to poor Henry than I was. On a scale of 1-5, I'd give it a 4.



No comments:

Post a Comment