My Books!

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors


Welcome to Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors, your chance to sample the work of a talented group of authors. My new release Flood is now available for purchase. The buy link is at the end of the post, and I'm starting with the Prologue.

Find more lovely samples at:
http://www.wewriwa.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SnippetSunday/?fref=nf

Blurb:
Drawn together by their love of animals, Aria De Luca and Caleb Hawkins burn for each other. They never suspected that malignant forces around them were successfully plotting Caleb’s ruin from the moment he entered her life. When the flood of a century strikes Aria’s hometown, an alienated Caleb is all that stands between her and catastrophic loss.


Last Week:

“Hi, can I help you? We have a special on kittens this week. The adoption fee is fifty percent off, and if you take two, we’ll knock another twenty five percent off. We have some little beauties in the back.” 

Aria smiled. “Thanks, but we didn’t come for the kittens. I’m Aria De Luca, and ...” 

“Oh, Dr. De Luca, I can’t tell you how glad I am to see you! We’ve all been so upset over Peaches and Caleb.” The woman ran around her desk and hugged both Aria and Lila. 


This Week: The receptionist who hugged Aria and Lila speaks first.
 

“Thank you so much for taking her.” She yelled to a man who’d just entered the lobby from the back of the room. “Ed, go get Peaches. This is Dr. De Luca.”

Ed rushed forward and shook her hand instead. “We’re so grateful to you, Dr. De Luca. It would have killed Caleb if Peaches hadn’t been saved. I’ll go get her for you.” 



Fortuna my romantic comedy partly based in reality is on sale this week for .99 at most online retail outlets. The sale lasts from August 5-11 http://amzn.to/23yoW2d

12 comments:

  1. Your latest story touches my heart. I'm an animal lover with four cats. They brighten every day. Thanks, Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering I just overcrowded our already animal-rich environment taking in a kitty from a litter of three and momma that had been abandoned in the bushes in front of my office, I can feel for them. I can't bear the thought of animals (or people) in peril, frightened or lost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their gratitude is overwhelming. She has to meet this guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to read more, they're all so thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-) The scene is vivid, Elaine!

    Non-related: Are you near the eclipse totality? :-) We are driving to Greenville (if clear skies are forecast for that area) for the big event. So looking forward to it. My husband has family there. It will be nice to get to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rescuing Peaches is a very popular thing to do apparently! Enjoyed the excerpt...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, as an animal lover and 'mom' to a rescue myself, I'm really enjoying these snippets. Whats going to happen to Caleb?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It would seem they expect her to perform miracles with Peaches. Of course, I expect she'll be up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always so wonderful when the tough cases get to go somewhere they'll be loved. Makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You tugged on my heart with rescuing Peaches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm an animal lover (3 cats, 4 dogs) so you can imagine how saving Peaches touches my heart.

    ReplyDelete