My Books!

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors


Welcome to Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors, you chance to sample the work of a talented group of authors. When you finish here you can find more excerpts at

http://www.wewriwa.com

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SnippetSunday/

We'll continue with out excerpts from Flood. I hope you're enjoying them because I really enjoyed writing the book. Before we get to the except, let me share an Amazon 5 star review with you. I was very pleased with it.

If you love animals and romance, this is the book for you. Aria is a caring veterinarian and Caleb is a former convict who ends up working for her. The romance has a nice, steady build, not too much at once. You can see how these people really fall for each other. I love how protective Caleb is and how Aria believes in him. The flood adds a tense, exciting element to the climax. I definitely recommend this book!


Blurb:
Drawn together by their love of animals, Aria De Luca and Caleb Hawkins burn for each other. They never suspected that malignant forces around them were successfully plotting Caleb’s ruin from the moment he entered her life. When the flood of a century strikes Aria’s hometown, an alienated Caleb is all that stands between her and catastrophic loss.


Last Week:
Now that the sun was out of his eyes he saw that the doctor was the best looking woman he’d ever seen. The dark hair that he’d previously observed gleamed blue-black in the sun and curled gently on the ends. Her eyes were dark velvety brown, her skin on the olive side. He gulped; she was slender, but she had curves in all the right places. 
He forced himself to stop staring at her. “Do you know who I am?” 

“What did you say your name was?”

“Caleb Hawkins.”


She glanced at Peaches, who was still busy licking his hand. “You’re Peaches’ friend from the shelter, right?”

This week: 
He nodded. "I hope it was okay for me to come. It was important to me to see for myself that she was okay.” Smiling, he caressed the dog’s face. “She’s better than okay. Thank you, Doctor.” 

The doctor beamed at him as though he were an honored guest inste ad of an ex - con come to see a dog. “Of course it was okay. I hoped you would come to see her. Won’t you come in and have something cold; it’s warm today.” 


9 comments:

  1. Just lovely how she’s treating him as an honored friend of Peaches, rather than an ex-con.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so nice. I love the way she is treating him. Tender and so dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connection through a pet. Works every time. Outstanding snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're certainly off to a good start here, enjoying the story and the excerpts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. True love on display here. Good for him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pets make everyone's heart melt a little bit... :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's so trusting. But then dogs ARE a great judge of character! This is just what he needs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm loving the snippets from this book - and it's on my Kindle waiting to be read when I have time to do it justice. Such a lovely scene with her being so lovely to him and the dog bringing them together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She better be careful -- my chiropractor and his (now) wife met through their dogs!

    ReplyDelete