My Books!

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors


Welcome to Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors, your chance to sample the work of a talented group of authors. When you finish here you can find more excerpts at

http://www.wewriwa.com

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SnippetSunday/


Blurb:
Drawn together by their love of animals, Aria De Luca and Caleb Hawkins burn for each other. They never suspected that malignant forces around them were successfully plotting Caleb’s ruin from the moment he entered her life. When the flood of a century strikes Aria’s hometown, an alienated Caleb is all that stands between her and catastrophic loss.

Buy Link:

Last Week:
He nodded. "I hope it was okay for me to come. It was important to me to see for myself that she was okay.” Smiling, he caressed the dog’s face. “She’s better than okay. Thank you, Doctor.” 

The doctor beamed at him as though he were an honored guest inste ad of an ex - con come to see a dog. “Of course it was okay. I hoped you would come to see her. Won’t you come in and have something cold? It’s warm today.” 

This week: 
Caleb followed her into the clinic, nothing with approval that it seemed clean and well kept. A big yellow cat lay in the sun on a deep windowsill. The staff smiled at him with friendliness too. Warmth spread throughout his veins. After a dreadful start in life, Peaches had gotten lucky. 

The doctor took him into her office and removed two soft drinks from the small refrigerator behind her desk. “What do you think of Peaches?"

At the sound of her name, Peaches gave the doctor one of those soulful looks that she used to  she used to give him, but her head still rested on his knee.  

8 comments:

  1. You can feel the deep emotion he has for Peaches. People who love animals cannot be all bad. And you've shown both how he views himself vs how these people are treating him. Hope he gives himself a second chance in the world. Nice snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we hope he'll find equal love and attention at her hands? I think so. Nice scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a goner for those soulful looks haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well clearly the dog already knows they all belong together! I liked the way he's happy for Peaches having found such a good place. Excellent excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how he's so concerned for Peaches. The dog's approval of the vet has to carry a lot of weight with him, I'd think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dogs are such great judges of character. This is such a lovely excerpt, and I ahve to say your snippets pulled me in so much I had to buy the book. About half way through now and loving it!

    ReplyDelete