My Books!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Elizabeth and Richard's Favorite Christmas Quotes


Elizabeth: Welcome to Elaine’s blog, readers. I'm Elizabeth Lane, Elaine's heroine in Return Engagement, and my assistant is Nikki Lane, heroine of The Best Selling Toy Of The Season. We've taken over Elaine's blog for the month of December. Elaine, I hope you're having a nice vacation. Christmas is so exciting, isn’t it?

Nikki: Exciting, yes, but I’m frazzled. So much to do, and I don’t have Tommy’s present yet.

Elizabeth: You’ll think of something. Would you like to read my Christmas quotes?

Nikki: You made up quotes about Christmas?

Elizabeth: No, Richard and I made a list of our favorite Christmas quotes.

Nikki: You and Richard do some weird things. Tommy and I don’t sit around doing stuff like that. Are you going to share the list with the readers?

Elizabeth: Yes, I am, and it wouldn’t hurt you and Tommy to think a little more about Christmas and what it means to you.

Nikki: Well, I don't guess I need to write down quotes to...

Elizabeth: Readers, here are Richard and my favorite Christmas quotes. Leave a comment telling me which one you like best and why. Or, you can list your own favorite quote. If I draw your name from the hat Elaine will send you a cute pair of hand made Christmas earrings. Don’t forget to leave your email address so she can contact the winner.

Nikki: Goody, another contest. Which earrings are you giving away?

Elizabeth: Turquoise beads trimmed in black. Okay, here we go.

1.I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. - Charles Dickens, Ebenezer Scrooge, A Christmas Carol

2.I heard the bells on Christmas Day
Their old, familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet the words repeat
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!
- Longfellow

3.Jennifer Bofinger, media spokeswoman for the animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, said despite the shabby treatment of deer in general, her organization has not received any complaints about how Santa Claus treats his reindeer. - Los Angeles (LA) Times

4.Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen. - Author unknown, attributed to a 7-year-old named Bobby

5.Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time. - Laura Ingalls Wilder

6.The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. - Burton Hillis (Better Homes and Gardens)

7.And the angel said unto them, "Fear not! For, behold, I bring you tidings of great joy, Which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger." - Luke 2:10-12

8.Do give books - religious or otherwise - for Christmas. They're never fattening, seldom sinful, and permanently personal.
- Lenore Hershey

9.Love came down at Christmas; love all lovely, love divine; love was born at Christmas, stars and angels gave the sign. Christina G. Rossetti

10."At Christmas, all roads lead home." ~ Marjorie Holmes

8 comments:

  1. LOVE this idea of favorite quotes.
    Mine is: "At Christmas, all roads lead home." ~ Marjorie Holmes

    That is so true. My girls, no matter what else is going on in their lives, ALWAYS come home for Christmas. Family sourrounding you on this momentous day is what gives each of us hope to look toward the next year, and joy to cherish until the next Christmas holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrooge's quote from A Christmas Carol. I will honor Christmas in my heart all year. I just finished reading A Christmas Carol tonight--a yearly tradition I look forward to. Maybe if we all honor Christmas in our hearts all year long the world would be a more peaceful place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the quotes and think I can agree with all of them. I love Christmas and still a kid at heart. susan Leech

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them all also, but I would have to say my favorite is #10-AT Christmas, all roads lead home. We always try to get as many of our family together. That means so much to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love them all but #8 is my fav cause i have so many books on my wishlist :)
    meandi09@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ladies, thank you for all of your comments. Richard and I found it hard to pick just one because we liked them all! Nikki pressed me to pick just one so if I had to I think I'd like number 10 best. Richard and I always spend Christmas with our families.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of wisdom here. Too bad some of these sentiments aren't extended throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete