My Books!

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Beyond the Book: Ross and Kara on Vacation


Hello from beautiful Garden City Beach in sunny South Carolina.  My name is Ross Williams.  Elaine told my and my wife’s story in her book Her Kind of Man.  Since I live in the Midwest, I’ve never seen the ocean, and neither has my family, including my wife Kara.  So, we decided to take a trip to the beach.  Garden City is part of the South Carolina Grand Strand, a crescent shaped strip along the Atlantic just filled with entertainments and shopping of all kinds.  Of course for us the biggest attraction is the ocean.  It’s vast, powerful, and thrilling.  Here’s a picture of Kara pulling Justin through the surf.  You remember Justin, right?  He’s my nephew, the one who turned over the wedding cake at my and Kara’s wedding.  Adorable, isn’t she?


Besides the ocean, we’ve enjoyed the Pier.  Yeah, they capitalize it.  It’s a fun place to visit.  My brother Bobby and I reverted to our childhoods and spent an afternoon playing games in the arcade.  Lots of people fish from the Pier.  One guy brought in a whopper fish, but I don’t know what kind it was.  I’ve never been much of a fisherman, but I enjoyed trying my hand at it.  Kara caught a bigger fish than I did.  I doubt that Bobby’ll ever let me live that down. 

They also have a cafĂ© there.  They offer mostly sandwiches and drinks, but at night they have live music and dancing.  Kara loves to dance so we’ve gone and enjoyed ourselves a couple of times.  If you’re into karaoke, which I definitely am not, they do that too.


This is the pier from the condo where we stayed.


The part of the vacation that Justin enjoys is the little amusement park across the street from the condo we rented.  I guess most kids do like the rides.  Kara and I rode a couple of things ourselves. 

Yesterday, Kara and I had just finished breakfast on our balcony overlooking the ocean when we saw five or six dolphins swimming just beyond the breakers.  Man, that was a thrill, but later that day we had to get out of the water because a gigantic sting ray was headed our way. 

Kara went shopping with Bobby’s wife Sue.  They came back with such a lot of loot that we’ll have to ship it home.  We could never get it stuffed into our bags for the plan trip home.  The girls found a Christmas shop, and Kara bought enough ornaments to decorate our tree in a beach theme this Christmas. 

No doubt about it, the farm seems a long way from here.  I imagine we’ll take plenty of other vacations, but I doubt that any of them will be any better than this one.  See you later.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah you are right, kids can develop love through those kind of things. love spell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hullo Author,i Just wanted to let you know that your are one of the great writers in this field,i like your posts and keep on informing us.




    authentic love Spells

    ReplyDelete