My Books!

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday

Welcome.  Today I'm sharing a bit of my current WIP. In this excerpt my heroine is taking a horseback ride.  Critique if you like.



The horse was taller than she thought. As she floundered and scrambled against the animal’s side, Cade gave her arm a jerk and set her in place behind him. The minute the horse felt her weight it farted, a long, drawn-out expulsion of air that seemed to go on forever.
Cade laughed as if it was the most hysterical thing he’d ever heard. He turned around to say something, took a look at her face, and shut up.  Since she’d had to put her arms around him, she still felt him shaking with laughter. 

5 comments:

  1. That's funny! It certainly puts an image in my mind. I'm intrigued to know more about the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful humor! Their reactions will tell us so much about the characters.

    ReplyDelete