My Books!

Monday, July 30, 2012

Beyond the Book: Strawberry Soup?

Hello, readers.  My name is Rachel Amos Hayes.  Elaine shared my story in The Sentence.  Today I'd like to share a little experiement with you.  I found a recipe for strawberry soup that I love.  Yep, strawberry soup.  You make it in seconds and eat it cold.  Clint (my husband) took one bite and poured his into a glass and drank it, but it's really a soup.  It's delicious, but the ingredients may surprise you.  Are you ready?  Here goes.

Strawberry Soup

2 cups strawberries
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon sugar

  Place strawberries and buttermilk into a blender or food processor and puree. Sweeten with sugar to taste, blend and either serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator

If I hadn't tasted this I never would have thought it would be so good.  If you try it, let me know if you like it.

By the way, today is the last day of the Astraea Press book sale.  Most of their titles are only .99 at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.  Thrill Elaine by picking up a copy of one of her books.  Maybe The Sentence.

1 comment: