My Books!

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Sweet Saturday Sample: Oh. My. Goodness

Welcome to Sweet Saturday Sample.  Today's sample comes from Her Kind of Man.  In this excerpt, my heroine Kara goes in search of her husband Ross.  Her Kind of Man is 50% off now through Sunday at https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-herkindofman-771739-149.html


Ross wasn’t in the living room or the kitchen, so she decided to check the bedrooms. People had spread out all over the house; that’s where he must have gone. She paused outside the master bedroom door when she heard Brittany’s voice.

“Does Kara suspect anything?”

“No,” Ross answered. “I told her you wanted to buy some sausage.”

“It’s a good thing you told me. I might have made a boo-boo if you hadn’t.”

“For obvious reasons I don’t want her to know anything about this, Brittany,” Ross warned.

“She won’t hear about it from me.”

“Do you think things are going to work out?”

Now what could they be talking about?
 

19 comments:

  1. Great Sample AND great Cover :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Iris. I DID like that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating...now I'm very curious. Are they planning a great surprise for her, or are they cheating?

    Thanks for visiting my sample.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must read this book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did I see that Her Kind of Man is on sale? Woohoo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laurel, it's kind of hard to say for what she overheard, but the woman he's speaking to is very beautiful, and his family always wanted her for him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES!! Her Kind of Man is on sale for 50% off at https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-herkindofman-771739-149.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boy, that would be enough to get my temperature rising. Let's hope there's more to the story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm. maybe a surprise party?
    An affair / tryst would be too obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patricia, it made Kara's temperature rise too! Kelly, I'm not trying to push the book, but it's on sale through Sunday. Jeff, you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think it's what you'd think immediately either. But I'm really interested in finding out what her reaction is--and what's really going on. Great sample!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo, this is an intriguing snippet, Elaine! If Kara is likely to jump to conclusions, there's a lot of trouble in the offing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much, Jenna.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What are they talking about? I wish I knew!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very intriguing sample! I wonder if it's a case of jumping to conclusions or if Kara really is justified in being suspicious to hear that kind of talk.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jennifer, Marsha, and Sandy, something terrible happened to poor Kara, something so bad her self esteem is on the floor. Yeah, she's thinking the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Carrie Anne, poor Kara has had a hard time so she does think the worst.

    ReplyDelete