My Books!

Friday, November 9, 2012

Sweet Saturday Sample: Sure, have a seat.

Hello, and welcome to Sweet Saturday Sample.  Since the holidays are right around the corner, my sample today is from The Table in the Window which is available at http://www.astraeapress.com and most other retail outlets.  In this excerpt, my hero Rob finally has his chance to let my heroine Marley know that he's interested in her.  Rob is a waiter at her favorite restaurant.  Michael is her ex-fiance.


She thought he’d go away, but he remained standing beside the table. “Uh, is there anything else?” she asked.

He smiled at her. “My shift’s over. If I’m not bothering you, I wondered if you’d like some company for lunch.” His eyes twinkled. “In case you’d like to know, you’re the first customer I’ve made that offer to.”

How strange. She’d seen this guy in Barton’s for over a year now, yet she couldn’t have described him to save her life. She paused for a quick inspection. He wore black trousers and a long-sleeved white shirt with a red and black striped tie. A green bib apron covered his shirt and tied around his neck and waist. He had spiked his short, blonde hair ever so slightly in front. He had blue eyes and a square jaw and definitely wasn’t as buff as Michael who spent a lot of time in a gym. Michael was taller too. The sparkle in his blue eyes decided her. “Sure. Have a seat.”


11 comments:

  1. He sounds like a winner to me! I love a holiday romance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Patricia. congratulations on your own new holiday romance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope he took off the apron before he sat down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably did, Jeff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good choice! He may not be as good looking as Michael, but he's got a lot of charm! Glad she's giving him a chance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, looks like there might be an interesting meal starting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smart girl. I would have let him sit down at my table too! I'm curious about what they'll talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delightful scene! I love the cover on the book, too.

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I appreciate all of you who stopped by. Rob is worth ten of Michael, and yes, they're going to have a very interesting meal.

    ReplyDelete