My Books!

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Fried Pickles and the Fuzz


Hello!  Please help me welcome guest blogger Calico Daniels to the blog.   Calico, thanks for coming.
Country Bumpkin

I have never been ashamed of being country. Okay, so that’s a lie. There have been a few times in my life, both as a child and adult, when others have found my country ways to be an easy target for their jokes.  I just smile and remember…when the zombies come ;) who will be better equipped to deal?

I know how to shoot, I can process game, can, preserve and even know how to hand wash clothes…and let me tell you hand washing jeans sucks J I am the only person I know who dreams fondly of actually owning a house that has no electricity and a hand pump for water. In fact, hubby and I have the plans all drawn out for our dream hunting cabin. Old wood burning cook stove. Pot bellied stove and fireplace for warmth. Hand pump for water in the kitchen.  Wash room out back.

Crazy? Eh, I guess it depends. Would I want to live there full time? No. I like my internet a little too much J But I would LOVE to live in it off and on through the year. I once told my husband that I would give my right arm to live with an Amish family during harvest time. He didn’t look at me like I was a loon. Quite the opposite in fact. He actually agreed J We are just “that type of folk”. We love being self reliant. It makes us proud. Does that make us nuts? Nope…just a little different J
Calico Daniels

Fried Pickles and the Fuzz coming January 2013 to Astraea Press

Blurb: Big Creek might be a stereotypical small town but even they have drama.

Heather loves her little café, and her best customer is the county Sherriff. She’s been waiting months for him to ask her out…maybe she won’t have to wait much longer.

Bronson feels at home in Big Creek even though he hasn’t been the Sherriff for long. Small towns have their perks and a pretty café owner who cooks like an angel certainly doesn’t hurt. Now, if he could only get over his nerves and drum up the gumption to ask her out.

Throw in a gossip mill, a redneck festival and an ill timed attempt to help and you end up with some laughs, some ruffled feathers and a town that is….Redneck Fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment