My Books!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Beyond the Book: New Clothes

Greetings. I am the Princess Morgane, daughter of his majesty King Maccus and wife to Prince Alan who is heir to his father King Bowdyn. I am surely one of the luckiest women in the world. In spite of the fact that my marriage to the prince was an arranged, political marriage, we have fallen deeply in love. I consider him to be my soul mate.

He is incredibly generous with his gifts to me. Only yesterday he insisted that I visit the dressmaker to order a new gown. The king's birthday celebration will be held next month, and I wish to honor him by looking my best. Here is a picture of the gown that I have selected.

File:Woman in Medieval Dress or Costume (6).JPG

Notice the features of the gown as they represent one type of clothing worn in King Bowdyn's realm.
I will be wearing two tunics with one being longer than the other. The sleeves fit tightly, and the waist is cinched with a belt. Also, take note of the ornamentation on the bottom of the top tunic. A short, detachable cape and shoes with pointed toes complete the outfit.

Do you like it? I will be making one change. I do not like the green belt, so I will replace it with a blue one. Soon I will share the details of the king's birthday celebration with you. It will be a wonderful event.



No comments:

Post a Comment