My Books!

Friday, June 20, 2014

Saturday Sample

Welcome to Saturday Sample. I'd like to share a little from The Enchanted with you. The book got a review this week which thrilled me. Want to read it? Oh, thanks, I knew you would. Here goes.

I loved this book. It is a fairy tale with many twists. Time travel, romance, battles and enchantment all in one book. The characters were so moral and strong. Alan and Morgane had me rooting for them from the beginning. I never lost interest at all, the book had me page turning all night, with anticipation in what would happen. The author actually makes you feel you are there with them. Well worth a read, you won't be disappointed. Reader Miriam Davison

Now for a blurb and excerpt.

Blurb:
Forced by his father into a marriage he didn’t want, Prince Alan soon finds that his bride isn’t the sweet, submissive creature he expected. Morgane has the heart of a dragon and beauty beyond compare, but she isn’t thrilled about the marriage either. When black treachery threatens the kingdom, Morgane and Alan embark on a perilous journey that has an excellent chance of ending in failure and death for them and all of their people.

Excerpt: Prince Alan explains to his father the king that Princess Morgane is trapped in an enchanted forest.

King Bowdyn scowled and thrust his hand palm out toward
Alan. "Stop. I do not understand your words. There is no forest in
the place you describe."

"But, Father, I have seen it with my own eyes! It was not a
delusion."

"Then why did you not enter the forest to find Princess
Morgane?"

Alan's fists clenched. "I could not!"

The king'ʹs eyes flashed. "You had your sword with you. Is
the crown prince afraid of a forest?"

"No! I did not say that I would not enter the forest. I said that
I could not. Every time I urged my horse forward he would not
move. I dismounted and tried to walk into the forest, but I could
not. My feet were rooted to the ground as if I were no more than a
small sapling blowing in the breeze." Alan threw his hands up. "I
do not understand it myself, but I have spoken the truth."

Queen Donella set her ruby red wine cup on the marble
table beside her chair and laid a soft hand on Bowdyn'ʹs arm. ʺHave
you thought, Bowdyn, that this might perchance be the work of an
evil enchanter?"

Bowdyn gasped and stiffened. "Enchanters were banned
from the kingdom long ago! Who would dare?"

The queen shrugged. "Some enemy perhaps. It does not
have to be one of our people."

Bowdyn's chief lieutenant Aglaeca, whom the king had
called in the moment Alan had arrived back at the castle, offered
his advice. "Sire, I will take some men and check out this forest." A
little sneer played along his lips. ʺPrince Alan was rightfully
concerned over the disappearance of Princess Morgane. It might be
that he panicked, and she is easily found."

Alan's face went cold. His hand twitched toward his sword.
Aglaeca had held him in contempt for years now. As a warrior, he
had no use for artists. "Please do so," he snarled. "Perhaps you will
have better luck entering the forest than I did.

Buy link: http://www.amazon.com/Enchanted-Elaine-Cantrell-ebook/dp/B00CRUD242/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1403317204&sr=1-1&keywords=the+enchanted+by+elaine+cantrell



No comments:

Post a Comment