My Books!

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors


Welcome to Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors, your chance to sample the work of a talented group of authors. When you finish here you can find more snippets at

http://www.wewriwa.com

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SnippetSunday/

We know so far that Rocky ticked off drug dealers and had to fake his death so he can enter the witness protection program. Rocky called Aimee even though he wasn't supposed to and told her he'd bought a house for them. Aimee has car trouble and is worried about how she'll get to Rocky's home. She's nervous about being stranded on a deserted road too. A man who knows her name comes riding down the road on a horse and speaks to her. It's Cade McCoy, the man who helped Rocky fake his death so he can enter the witness protection program.  Rocky speaks first. I've skipped some paragraphs where Aimee was revealing her fear of horses.

Excerpt:


“You didn’t say what brings you to my new neck of the woods.”

“Rocky bought some property five miles down Taylor Road, which my GPS thinks is this road.”

Cade laughed as if her news tickled him. “Who’d ever have thought it? I move all the way across the country, and you two show up on my doorstep.”

If you thought about it, that wasn’t too funny. Good ole Dave probably wouldn’t think so either. “You won’t tell anyone, right?”

“I can’t believe how much that offends me,” Cade replied with a frown that scrunched his forehead together and reminded her of the way he looked in the wrestling ring. “You can’t really believe I’d do anything to jeopardize your and Rocky’s safety.” 

Blurb: 
Aimee Sherwood never dreamed that following her fiancĂ© into the witness protection pro-gram would land her in a haunted house in a town that’s downright creepy. She’d have laughed if she had been told the guy who lives down the road might be her soul mate, not the man whose ring she’s wearing. Life in West Virginia is nothing like life in Los Angeles, but between bean ball battles with Marilyn Monroe, remodeling a crumbling farmhouse, and starting a new online business, life in the country is anything but boring.

Buy Link:
http://amzn.to/23yoW2d

10 comments:

  1. Hmm. He may not want to endanger them, but why do I think that's exactly what he'll do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neighbors? Coincidence? Hmmmmmmm. I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard there are no coincidences. Nifty snippet, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 'coincidence' here seems a bit fishy to me too! but fascinating and I can't wait to read more. Great snippet...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonder if he'll keep his word or not? :)

    ReplyDelete

  6. It seems strange to me - his sudden appearance so close to them. I hope there's nothing sinister in him being there. Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting little twist ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like Cade moved there first? Maybe Rocky chose that area deliberately, then?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This can't be a coincidence! I wonder what's going on?

    ReplyDelete