My Books!

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors


Welcome to Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors, your chance to sample the work of a talented group of authors. My new release Flood is now available for purchase. The buy link is at the end of the post, and I'm starting with the Prologue.

Find more lovely samples at:
http://www.wewriwa.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SnippetSunday/?fref=nf

Blurb:
Drawn together by their love of animals, Aria De Luca and Caleb Hawkins burn for each other. They never suspected that malignant forces around them were successfully plotting Caleb’s ruin from the moment he entered her life. When the flood of a century strikes Aria’s hometown, an alienated Caleb is all that stands between her and catastrophic loss.


Last Week:

“Thank you so much for taking her.” She yelled to a man who’d just entered the lobby from the back of the room. “Ed, go get Peaches. This is Dr. De Luca.” 

Ed rushed forward and shook her hand instead. “We’re so grateful to you, Dr. De Luca. It would have killed Caleb if Peaches hadn’t been saved. I’ll go get her for you.” 


This Week: 

When Aria and Lila sat down, she brought them a soft drink and took the chair beside Aria. “How did you hear about Peaches? We’ve all wondered about that ever since you called us.”

“I saw it in our local newspaper,” Aria replied as she popped the top from the soft drink can. “It just sounded like something that shouldn’t happen.”

The woman nodded and sent dark curls bouncing. “You’re right. Caleb and Peaches needed each other. Once they connected, both of them just bloomed. It would have been a shame to put her to sleep.”
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Readers who've experienced the loss of a pet will be rooting her on to save Peaches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Ed. In our back yard, we have a pet cemetery. sad memories and sweet ones of pets here and gone.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Pets grab such a hold on our hearts, don't they? Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate when you have to say goodbye to your pet as they cross the Rainbow Bridge. Been there, done that, will do it again as our cats are 16 years old now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to meet Caleb. He sounds special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm keen to meet Caleb too. I agree with everyone. Animals have so much to give us and it breaks my heart to think of any animal being put to sleep because they don't have a home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to meet Caleb. Animals are such important creatures in our lives. Hubs & I don't have any now, though we've had 3 dogs we loved. Now if I need a dog fix, I visit my daughter and son who have 2 dogs each. Right now a Great Dane and a Yellow Lab are living with us, along with our son, his wife, and a 2-yr-old. You never know how big Danes are until they sprawl in your living room. LOL They'll move into their new house at the end of the month. I think I'll miss them, esp. the 2-yr-old.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how this situation is working out for everyone's benefit. A lovely excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's wonder she decided to do something--all these other people must have read the story, too, but none of them are there so save Peaches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have two senior boxers (12 years old) that we adopted in November. I'm going to be a total wreck when they cross the bridge.

    ReplyDelete