My Books!

Saturday, May 12, 2018

Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors


Welcome to Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors, your chance to sample the work of a talented group of authors. When you finish here you can find more excerpts at:

http://www.wewriwa.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SnippetSunday/


Buy link:  http://amzn.to/2cuW4rw

Blurb:

Jenna West has no idea what she might have done to her new tenant Mike Hightower. He's surly and hateful every single time they meet, and he looks at her as though he despises her.

He does despise her. She's from the Middle East, and people like her killed his friend Ramirez when the army sent them to Iraq.

Will the power of love work its magic to soften Mike's bitter hatred, or will he ignore his growing attraction for his pretty landlady?

Last Week:


This weekIn this excerpt Mike meets Jenna West. I did some creative punctuation. 

6 comments:

  1. "Oh wait" for what? I guess I'll have to wait for next week to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wait WHAT?! That's a great place to leave us LOL! Enjoyed the snippet though, can't wait to see what changes his mind to rent the place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this cliffhangr! I wondr what he's going to do now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even with his trauma, I'm having a difficult time excusing his blind hatred. This poor woman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although I can understand how bitter he is that his best friend was killed, I'd hope that he could separate the perpetrators from the innocents. Or maybe not. He's got a long way to go to be a hero in my mind. My sympathy leans toward her who has done nothing to him.

    ReplyDelete