My Books!

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Beyond the Book: Pumpkin Pie

 Our Thanksgiving holiday wasn't as big this year because of Covid 19, but I prepared all of our old favorite foods, and those of us who were together were thankful for each other.

I made my special pumpkin pies of course. I just don’t think it would be Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie, and I have a great yet simple recipe.I thought I’d share the recipe with you because who says you can't have pumpkin pie for Christmas? Give it a try sometime. I think you’ll like it

Pumpkin Pie

pie

1 16 oz. pumpkin

1 1/3 cups evaporated milk

1/3 cup honey

1/2 cup sugar

2 large eggs

2 tsps. pumpkin pie spice

In large bowl, mix all ingredients with a wire whisk until smooth. Pour into unbaked 10 inch pie shells. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bake pie 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees. Bake 35 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Cool on rick and chill.

Topping

1/4 cup sugar

1/2 tsp. allspice

1/4 cup pecans

2 TBSP. water.

IN a small saucepan cook all ingredients until golden brown. Pour onto greased foil. Cool. Chop

Whipped Cream topping

1 tsp. unflavored gelatin

1/3 cup dark rum or praline liqueur

1 cup whipping cream

1/4 cup confectioners sugar

In a small saucepan sprinkle the gelatin over the rum. Heat to dissolve gelatin. Cool. in bowl combine cream, confectioners sugar, and rum mixture. Beat until stiff peaks form. Chill. Before using stir until fluffy. Spoon onto center of chilled pie. Sprinkle with praline topping.

I hope everyone has a marvelous Thanksgiving. Stay safe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment