My Books!

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday: continuation

Welcome to Six Sentence Sunday. Last Sunday we saw that Kara my heroine had just come home from a wedding, but not just any wedding. Her sister took her fiance away and married him!  This is a pivotal scene in the book, but it's going to take me a few Sundays to get it all done. Check out last week's six, and here is the next six.  If you like what you're reading I have two or three longer excepts that I did this past week.  Just scroll down.

 
If not for her horrible sister, she would have worn this dress only hours before when she married Brandon, the love of her life. How could Kelly have done it? How could she have betrayed her own flesh and blood?

With a cry of pure rage, Kara grabbed the sleeve of her beautiful dress and jerked as hard as she could. The gossamer fabric parted with a tearing sound that sent Kara’s temper sky high. She tore at the dress, ripping off buttons and pearls and shredding those wonderful, sheer sleeves.

The book is available in print and Ebook at http://www.lachesispublishing.com/products.asp?cat=1  Use this code to get a 25% discount.  Her-Kind-of-Man-25-percent-discount

I'll continue this next Sunday. Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

  1. Oh, this is a fantastic six! I don't know what the sister did, but it sounds just terrible and you did a great job with the visual descriptions of how emotionally it all affected her. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Kara needs a hug. Or maybe some chocolate. Or maybe both. I still can't believe she actually went to the wedding. I mean I can believe it, but I don't think I would have been strong enough. Makes Kara someone to look up to for me, I guess.

    Well done, Elaine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How horrible to have been betrayed and then have to deal with the unforgiving details. Poor Kara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be ripping it to shreds too and wishing it were my sister's hair or dress or something... Great description of her emotional state here...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'all come back next week. It isn't over yet. Thanks for coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Y'all come back next week. It isn't over yet. Thanks for coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, forget the man. Save the dress! It sounded beautiful. But of course, it represented all her hurt and betrayal... Poor dear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect emotional breakdown--focused on all that had been planned and perfect (symbolically the dress) and rip it apart...just like her sister had ripped apart her perfect plans. Great six, Elaine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. I can really feel her anger here. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dianne, Theresa, and Sarah, thank you for commenting. Come back next week. This isn't over yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great scene with lots of drama. I'm loving this story!
    And thank you for leaving a comment on my Sweet Saturday Sample post yesterday.

    ReplyDelete