My Books!

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Sweet Saturday Sample: First Dates

Welcome to Sweet Saturday Sample.  In today's sample my heroine goes on her first date since her fiance dumped her for her sister.


Kara’s eyes fluttered open when he raised his head.
“That was nice,” she whispered, or maybe she only thought she said it. She didn’t know.
He bent his head again, but the lights from a passing car illuminated the SUV’s interior. Kara pulled away from him.
“Don’t, Ross. We shouldn’t be parked on the side of the road kissing each other.”
“Then where should we park?”
Kara blinked and tried to pull herself together. “What?”
“To kiss. Where should we park so I can kiss you?’
Kara smiled in spite of herself. “We don’t need to be kissing at all. I don’t make a habit of kissing men on the first date.”
“You don’t know that,” Ross retorted. “It’s been a long time since you had a first date.”
 
If you have a moment, take a look at the video I made.  I'm kinda proud of it.
 

 

3 comments:

  1. What fun! The delight of first dates...thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fun I sense in him and her vulnerablillity. Congrations on the video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least he only wants to kiss in the car so far! My recently-made-official ex got in trouble with cops several times in his first relationship for parking in riskier places than the side of the road.

    They seem like a good match.

    ReplyDelete