My Books!

Saturday, October 19, 2019

Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors: Never Trust a Pretty Wolf

Welcome to Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors, your chance to sample the work of a talented group of authors. When you finish here you can find more snippets at:

http://www.wewriwa.com   

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SnippetSunday/

For the last few months I've been sharing excerpts from Turnaround Farm, but today I'm sharing from another book, Never Trust a Pretty Wolf. We'll begin with Chapter One.

Blurb:
Liesel Wolf has a secret, a dangerous secret she’ll go to any lengths to conceal. When she’s paired in a charity game with sexy marshal Andy Bryce, a man with secrets of his own, her carefully constructed world comes crashing down, and Liesel’s on a collision course with her past.


Last week:

Andy almost crossed his fingers for luck. Geocaching sounded better than he had thought it would, but he had more important things to do with his time.

“No, I’ve discussed it with him, and he’s okay with it. I guess he figures a U.S. Marshal is an acceptable player.”

Andy sighed. His luck was running true to form. “How many people are on a team?”

“Two.”

“Oh, well, I can’t do it then. I don’t have a partner.”

Excerpt

“You’ll be playing with the person assigned to me.”

“Tony, I’m supposed to be having a little R and R, not

playing a stupid game,” Andy protested.

“It won’t hurt you to get out a bit,” Tony insisted. “Melton’s

giving a party on the fifth to introduce the teams.” He smiled at Andy. “You’ll be expected to go.”

Piercing shrieks emanated from the kitchen. While Tony hastily set his coffee cup down and ran to find out what his offspring had gotten themselves into, Andy picked up the pamphlet to read about the game.

8 comments:

  1. And the game's afoot! Can't wait to meet his partner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to what happens next. You have me wondering-especially about the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! This story is really starting to get good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think he's going to like the game a whole lot more once he meets his partner! Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sort of odd Andy doesn't go to see what's up with the friends' children if those were such piercing shrieks...but I'm really anxiously awaiting the meeting between him and his team mate, should be quite something. Enjoyed the excerpt...

    ReplyDelete
  6. And just who is his partner going to be? Someone interesting, I suspect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm. A mysterious partner. My curiosity would be screaming, "Who???" This should be interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh this is getting so intriguing, who is this mysterious partner going to turn out to be?

    ReplyDelete