My Books!

Saturday, May 7, 2022

Saturday Sample and Weekend Writing Warriors


 Welcome to my blog. Today I'd like to share an excerpt from my all time favorite book Blue 52. On Sunday when you finish here you can go to www.wewriwa.blogspot.com for more excerpts from a talented group of authors. 

Blurb:

First Lady Kills President Lovinggood" 

December 5, 2018 

Thirty years later, Hank Lovinggood embarks on a quest to prove his mother's innocence and punish the killers who took his family from him. Together Hank and lovely physicist Dr. Kathryn Sinclair confront an implacable, twisted, and merciless enemy who'll do whatever it takes to hide the truth forever.


Last Week's Excerpt: 

The fire died in Elaine’s eyes as she sank down on the sofa in front of the fireplace, her mouth a drooping, thin line in her wrinkled face. “Why couldn’t I have just died myself and gotten it over with? I’d rather die than see those coffins come out of the ground.” She glared at the senator. “You’d better not get all worked up.”

The senator flushed, feeling like a schoolboy caught in some kind of mischief. She always made him feel this way when she criticized him. “I...”

Elaine turned toward the hallway when she heard the front door slam. “Hank’s home.”

Richard Henry Lovinggood III, Hank to his family and friends, entered the study and gave his grandmother a kiss. “Hey, Grandma. What’s wrong with you?”

The senator’s heart gave a little leap. He looked so much like Richard! Tall and well-built with blond hair and beautiful blue eyes, he turned feminine heads everywhere he went. The expression in his eyes was different, though. Richard had burned within, but Hank had a peaceful, calm center. Elaine always said it was probably a legacy from his cursed mother because he sure didn’t get it from Richard’s side of the family. She was undoubtedly right about that.

Senator Lovinggood joined them in front of the fire. His old bones liked the warmth. “She’s upset because MortonWilliams called today.”

“And?”

“Your parents will be disinterred on the twenty-third. We have to make arrangements.”

“I see.”


Today's Excerpt:

Senator Lovinggood blew his nose, the honking sound reverberating around the room. “Do you have any ideas about where you want to put them, Hank?”

“I do. I knew you couldn’t block the train forever, so I’ve been looking around. I visited a very nice cemetery this afternoon. Have you ever heard of Crystal Rivers?”

Elaine shook her head. “No. Where is it?”

“It’s about thirty minutes from here. It’s not a new cemetery, but it’s beautiful as far as cemeteries go.”

Elaine shrugged. “One place is as good as another.”

“If it isn’t a new cemetery, is there enough room for us to be buried there as well?” Senator Lovinggood worried.

“Yes, sir, there is. They’re willing to set aside an entire block of spaces for us.”

Senator Lovinggood’s face smoothed out. “Good. If you like it, Hank, that’s what we’ll do. Do you want to call Williams, or do you want me to? I know you don’t know him, so I’ll be glad to take care of it for you.”

“I’ll call him, Grandpa.”

Elaine cocked her head and stared at Hank. “Why have you decided to call Williams? You always tell Henry to take care of things like this.”

“Oh, no reason.” His eyes rested on the photo on the desk. “It’s just something I can do for Mother and Dad.”


4 comments:

  1. I feel like there's a reason that he wanted to all. Hope we find out why!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something else is going on. I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the others, I'm definitely intrigued by that piece of information. Hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's something he's not sharing with his grandparents... Nice bit of intrigue. :-)

    ReplyDelete